Need a topic for a 3-5 minute informative speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time2Kill

Golden Member
Nov 20, 1999
www.brooksidestorage.com
I have to give a 3 to 5 minute speech tomorrow and it has to be an informative speech.

Do you guys have any interesting topics?

So far I am thinking about doing it on my water cooler, or the history of R/C Cars

uwantasumwang

Banned
Jan 15, 2001
who is the audience.. relate your topic to your audience and you will give a better speech from their point of view..

Oct 9, 1999
how about why pigs are not a delicasy in arabian countries.

or why the grass is always greener on the other side.

koldklock

Banned
Oct 21, 2000
Watercooling? Are you giving this speech to a geek convo or regular school kids (for your sake, I hope the former considering the topic).

Otherwise do a current event; energy crisis, missile defense plan, etc.

Time2Kill

Golden Member
Nov 20, 1999
www.brooksidestorage.com
I go to a private school and it is for an english class

Other kids have done people they know, sports, singers and stupid stuff like that.

I think R/C cars would get most people's attention since I have to have a visual aid which would be an R/C Car

Forever42

Mar 24, 2001
I had the same assignment this past semester for a college speech class (ugggghhhh, required) and I did the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in 1940. It was also my Extended Essay (a kind of junior/senior project for the IB program) so it wasn't too hard for me. :)

joeblo123

Jan 8, 2001
How about on the new tax cut that was just announced. Will definitly impress the teacher if nothing else.

FiddleDD

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 1999
well I remember from 9th grade someone doing one on how to wash a shirt with woolite. I haven't forgotten it to this day...and that was longer ago than I would like to admit.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

<< hrm.

if this is a public school I'd suggest neither of those geekish topics. :Q
>>

what the hell does that mean?!? only private school kids can be interested in r/c cars or water coolers?

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
i'm do'n a 5-7 min informative speech on CA energy crisis.
and of course i live in CA

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
If you did gas (sounds like a good idea) then maybe use a chart with prices to fill up a certain vehicle at different prices. Maybe even put a car and then a suv like an expedition and show the price to completely fill up at different prices such as $1.00 to $2.50 in certain increments.

kaiotes

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2000
dats a good idea w/ the car thingie wut i think is better idea is this:

and draw the size of the car accordingly showing how far u can drive w/ each type of car
title:
mileage for a gallon of gas:

0_____________________________________45 mi
m __________E_______________ t_____ r______o
c _______i ____ v__________ i c
a __ c___ o___ r____ d
e xpl o r er
exterr a
can't post that many spaces so i used underscores

Pyxis

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2001
I asked this same question yesterday for a speech I had to do today. My topic was on the need for good communication skills in today's job market.

perry

Diamond Member
Apr 7, 2000
I had to do one on Monday, 3 minute informative speech with no notes, any topic. I chose the brake system on the car. I got a B because I went 3:45, she took off points for going too long. I guess I just had alot to say.

Gotta give a 5 minute persuasvie speech next week. Not sure what I'll do it on, so look for a thread like this from me sometime early next week :)

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Hey what's with the speeches for everyone else too?

We're doing speeches in english right now. I'm in 10th grade. I did:

informative (1:30 to 3 min) on civil rights
opinion (2-4 min) on smoking
persuasive (3-5 min) on smoking. Doing that tomorrow, just finished up with it.
entertainment (2-4 min). No idea what this is about but it's not due till next week.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000

<< only private school kids can be interested in r/c cars or water coolers? >>

What the HELL?! What kind of school kids are interested in water coolers? What kind of fetish is that?

Helloo1328

Oct 2, 2013
I didn't think your topics where bad to begin with, public school or private school doesn't matter. & if you've got a visual you're golden! I am actually interest in your two original topics.

---

Hi,

Welcome to AnandTech Forums. I locked the thread because the last previous reply was over twelve years ago.

Our members refer to such posts as "necro" posts, and some of them tend to post replies ranging from sarcastic to hostile, including possible accusations of spamming, whether warranted or not.

You are welcome to continue posting on our forums. Thanks for understanding. We hope you enjoy yourself on our forums. :)

Harvey
Senior AnandTech Moderator/Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:

skimple

Golden Member
Feb 4, 2005
Which is better - Keurig, French Press, or Drip Brew?

Lots of research material here on ATOT.

Status
Not open for further replies.