Need a credit card

TheTick2

Mar 17, 2004
I dont have any credit, anyone know where I could get approved for one? So I can start building some credit up?
Thx

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
my first credit card was blue by American Express. easy to get, small credit limit though.

i ditched them after 2 years cause they are freakin' misers for credit limits. i got an AT&T platinum card which gave me 8x the credit limit with no background check or anything. worked awesome for a while. still have it but don't use it.

now i have a visa linked to my bank of america account.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Capital One Visa mailed an application to me and gave me one...granted the application had my first name spelled wrong and the address wasn't mine...but they took me knowtheless! (Like you I had no credit, which is essentially bad credit for all intents and purposes)

Now all I get are discover card offers.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: PingSpike
Capital One Visa mailed an application to me and gave me one...granted the application had my first name spelled wrong and the address wasn't mine...but they took me knowtheless! (Like you I had no credit, which is essentially bad credit for all intents and purposes)

i remember going through the capital one thing, they sucked ass and i ditched them in a week (i've had multiple credit cards since i was allowed to have a CC! not too good for credit history, but eh. don't have any late bills or anything)

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
AmEx Blue. Back in the day they gave me a $3000 limit - I don't need anymore than that. The cards also look very cool - clear plastic. People will think you're a high roller when you use it. Nice rewards program too.

PingSpike

Lifer
Feb 25, 2004
Originally posted by: zimu

i remember going through the capital one thing, they sucked ass and i ditched them in a week (i've had multiple credit cards since i was allowed to have a CC! not too good for credit history, but eh. don't have any late bills or anything)

Yeah, I've paid in full every bill I've had from them. I don't believe in buying things I don't have money for. But they still haven't increased my credit limit yet, which I wouldn't mind but its pretty dismal. Maybe they wait for the 1 year mark to do reviews, I dunno.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Originally posted by: zimu

Yeah, I've paid in full every bill I've had from them. I don't believe in buying things I don't have money for. But they still haven't increased my credit limit yet, which I wouldn't mind but its pretty dismal. Maybe they wait for the 1 year mark to do reviews, I dunno.

Did you call them and ask? I've never been denied a limit raise as long as I was reasonable.

AEnigmaWI

Jan 21, 2004
check out discover.com and citibank.

Citibank will approve almost anyone for some level of credit card heh.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
MBNA is a great company to get a card with, i would aviod AMEX if you have no credit, they treat you as such.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Go for Retail stores. My first card was a Sears card, then a JC Pennys card. They are like ~22% APR, so don't put too much on them. They are good for establishing credit though.