Need a 5.5x3mm female to 5.5x2.5mm male charger plug converter, please help me find one!

Olympus81

Mar 11, 2024
Hello!

I have a Samsung R528 laptop, with a CPA09-004A / AD-6019R charger, that possibly has an 5.5x3mm plug. A firend of mine gave me a laptop, for which he couldn't find the charger (PSL49E-00C005KS) and possibly has a 5.5x2.5mm charger plug. So my intent is to use my laptops charger to try out this other laptop (both laptop needs equal Voltage input), but I couldn't find anywhere a 5.5x3.5mm female to 5.5x2.5mm charger plug converter. So my question is, to please give me some tips in what webshops could i possibly find such a charger plug converter?

I'm mainly asking for EU webshops, or maybe Chineese ones.

Thank you!

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
@Olympus81

The specs for the charger should be on the label on the laptop. Most generic chargers are 5.5*2.5 though and adapter tips are easy to come by. If you look on Amazon you can fid kits with 10-15 of them or look for a specific one relatively cheap. You can even fid USBC trigger cables and bypass the brick completely as long as you don't need more than 100W.

Olympus81

Mar 11, 2024
I am not. Feel free to check wikipedia where I've cited. It's a common misconception. The side with the pin, even if recessed, is male.
Thanks, but whatever would be the right appellation, almost all of the webshops I have found yet, names them the opposite way.

Olympus81

Mar 11, 2024
@Olympus81

The specs for the charger should be on the label on the laptop. Most generic chargers are 5.5*2.5 though and adapter tips are easy to come by. If you look on Amazon you can fid kits with 10-15 of them or look for a specific one relatively cheap. You can even fid USBC trigger cables and bypass the brick completely as long as you don't need more than 100W.
I have look up on Amazon already, but couldn't find exactly this type.

Olympus81

Mar 11, 2024
Important correction: Sorry I have misstyped in the title before: The female side of the converter actually needs to be 5.5x3mm and NOT 5.5x3.5!!!

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I agree that many sellers label male/female the opposite.

Edit: removed link, thought it was 5.5mm but is 6.5mm.

You can "probably" find these cheaper like $1-2, on Aliexpress or Temu if willing to wade through their site to find them, and wait a few weeks for delivery. Maybe less on ebay as well but a couple bucks added as postage.

Last edited:

Jimminy

May 19, 2020
I agree that many sellers label male/female the opposite.

Edit: removed link, thought it was 5.5mm but is 6.5mm.

You can "probably" find these cheaper like $1-2, on Aliexpress or Temu if willing to wade through their site to find them, and wait a few weeks for delivery. Maybe less on ebay as well but a couple bucks added as postage.
The gotcha with temu and aliexpress is that there's usually a min order of $15 or $10, respectively, or else a large shipping cost.

This may not be the case if it's your first order.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
^ True but they have literally tons of stuff that's dirt cheap. I find it hard NOT to spend $10+ on other things I see, while searching for the thing I went there to find.