Need 1080P Recommendations

blanketyblank

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2007
How big can you go? I'd suggest getting an actual TV if size isn't an issue.
TVs tend to be cheaper than large monitors while usually having better viewing angles since there's more use of VAs instead of TNs. I've seen brand name 32" sets for about 300.
I actually use a plasma to eliminate all the problems of LCDs. Power consumption isn't really that bad, but the deeper blacks and faster response times are worth it coming from a MVA monitor.

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
one thing to take into account is that the bigger the screen for a given pixel count, the more aa you need to make it pretty...

i went with some of the smaller 1080p monitors to get better density (and save on other upgrades)...

but it all depends on how good your eyes are, how close you sit, and what you will be doing with the tube... sometimes you need the large print edition...

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
How big can you go? I'd suggest getting an actual TV if size isn't an issue.
TVs tend to be cheaper than large monitors while usually having better viewing angles since there's more use of VAs instead of TNs. I've seen brand name 32" sets for about 300.
I actually use a plasma to eliminate all the problems of LCDs. Power consumption isn't really that bad, but the deeper blacks and faster response times are worth it coming from a MVA monitor.

What you said . YEA! I just installed a new LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11 in the shop/garage on friday.

Its is ass kicking . I have the coolest man cave . The guys come in and just crumble with envy. They see my johndeer stuff and my tools and finished walls and floor .Thats were I am right now . My lighting is unbelievable so was the cost lol. But the 60" plasma is the show stopper. To most . But my deskpc is the real show stopper. and when hooked up to this monitor Plasma TV its really nice for gaming . Set back relax and kick ass. Shop is all done now except outside siding . But my man cave is what we all want . But it did take me to age 58 to finely build it.

Nov 26, 2005
Sharp monitor. If LED is the way you want to go, it's prolly worth checking out LG's competition in that price range:

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/lg-flatron-w2486l/4505-3174_7-33769680.html

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitor...l2370/4505-3174_7-33683882.html?tag=mncol;txt

Good Info! The Samsung is very temping. I'll probably take a look at my local Best Buy to see if they even have one. I'm not a big Best Buy fan nor is Samsung on my favorites list but it's worth the info none-the-less, thanks!

When I go for a TV/PC monitor, I have a friend who's cousin is the big district manager at HH Gregg - I can get any tv for a hair over their bulk prices, yay!