Neat power point presentation

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
I just got through attending a 3 day seminar and the PowerPoint presentation was really unique. The presenter used a remote controller to drop various items on top of the slides.

For instance his slide might show a bare controller card. Then he would add additional sub assembly parts on top in so he could explain its function without a lot of clutter. This made it easy for us to understand the cards total makeup one piece at a time.

He also had animations using arrows and other glowing (blinking) objects to simulate electron flows. It made a dry subject very entertaining.

He wouldn?t tell how this was accomplished. All he said was that it wasn?t in the book. Does anyone know how this was done?

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
Originally posted by: FlashG
I just got through attending a 3 day seminar and the PowerPoint presentation was really unique. The presenter used a remote controller to drop various items on top of the slides.

For instance his slide might show a bare controller card. Then he would add additional sub assembly parts on top in so he could explain its function without a lot of clutter. This made it easy for us to understand the cards total makeup one piece at a time.

He also had animations using arrows and other glowing (blinking) objects to simulate electron flows. It made a dry subject very entertaining.

He wouldn?t tell how this was accomplished. All he said was that it wasn?t in the book. Does anyone know how this was done?
He wasn't just advancing slides with the remote?

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: oldsmoboat
Originally posted by: FlashG

He wasn't just advancing slides with the remote?

No he actually added stuff on top of the existing slides. A part would actully move from off screen to a location on the slide.

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
I'm also assuming that this was Power Point. He used a compaq laptop and a remote projector.

Are projectors now capable of doin this?

Wizkid

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
You can build the "animations" one slide at a time by creating the first slide with an empty board, the second slide copies the first one and adds a component... it will look like it was "added". This is probably what he did, along with some animation features...

FlashG

Platinum Member
Dec 23, 1999
Originally posted by: Wizkid
You can build the "animations" one slide at a time by creating the first slide with an empty board, the second slide copies the first one and adds a component... it will look like it was "added". This is probably what he did, along with some animation features...

Thanks I think I found it
here under custom animation.