neat and effective program for stopping SPAM (free too)

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
and its get more effective every time someone uses it! :D

spamnet

note that it doesnt work with OE express. (but does with with outlook, outlook 2002, xp, etc.)

aolsuxs

Dec 6, 2000
What happens after I intalled? I don't notice anything different in Outlook or see any shortcuts to it

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
there should be a toolbar with two small buttons installed. says cloudmark with block and unblock next to it. right click on cloudmark and do "run spamnet" for spam you already have in folders.

you may need to restart outlook.

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Lucky
note that it doesnt work with OE express.

nice to know it doesn't work with one of the most popular programs in the country.

BruinGuy

Apr 20, 2001
I have been using this program for a few months now, and I can say it is quite good, it has never filtered an important mail into the spam folder, and is 90% accurate in detecting spam. YMMV but I think this is a great little programs

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
jw, this is a very embrassing question but here goes: what is spam? i have a program to stop pop-up adds and it works real well, is spam and pop-ups the same thing? :eek:

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I haven't had much luck with it. Maybe my corporate firewall foils its ability to work. I think it worked better a few revisions ago. It used to can like 15 spams a day, now it only gets 4 and the rest stay in my inbox.

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
Originally posted by: here4amission
jw, this is a very embrassing question but here goes: what is spam? i have a program to stop pop-up adds and it works real well, is spam and pop-ups the same thing? :eek:

spam is email that goes to your inbox, popups are ads that well, pop up.

MainFramed

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002
Originally posted by: Lucky
Originally posted by: here4amission

spam is email that goes to your inbox, popups are ads that well, pop up.

oh ok thanks, in that case i need this spam removel program :p

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
OMG... .woah....... for A YEAR this program has been collecting spam crap addresses and updating EVERYONE ELSE who's running the program to move the same crap to a spam folder!? SWEET...

nik

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
i use spamex.com.... 10 bucks a year, but i think it's worth it. i not only want to stop spam, i want to know how they got my address.