NC Uber driver beaten and threatened by passenger 'who thought he was Muslim'

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...enger-who-thought-he-was-muslim-a6738076.html

An Uber driver from North Carolina has said that he was attacked by a passenger and threatened that he would be shot after the man said he believed he was a Muslim.

Samson Woldemichael, who came to the US eight years ago from Ethiopia and who said he is Christian, said he picked up the passenger early on Sunday morning from a bar in Charlotte and was asked to drive to the man’s home, ten miles away.

Mr Woldemichael told WBTV-TV that as he drove to the man’s house, the passenger become aggressive and hit him while he drove. When he arrived that the property, he threatened to shoot Mr Woldemichael in the face and strangle him. He also used anti-Muslim slurs and profanity at the driver.

“He asked me if I was a Muslim, and I said I was not a Muslim,” said Mr Woldemichael. “I was driving and he hit me while I was driving.” He added: “I told him in the first place I was not a Muslim, but it’s not right to generalize people and do that,” he said.

The driver said he was afraid to park, so he drove around the block until the passenger struck him hard in the forehead, nearly knocking him out, and the man continued hitting him in the head.

“He was saying he would shoot me and he was acting like he’s hiding his hand in his back, so he was acting like he was armed,” said Mr Woldemichael, who drove away at that point and called the police. “There are people who are not originally from here but who are really Americans in their hearts,” he said. “They love the system. They love the country and they want to protect the system here.”

People who hire Uber drivers have to pay up front with their credit cards, and give their information. Mr Woldemichael is hoping police will be able to track the passenger.

The incident comes amid a spate of attacks on Muslims and mosques. Campaigners say the terror attacks in Paris have left Muslims, and others, feeling more vulnerable.

*Sigh!* This shit has got to stop. Crazy! :rolleyes:

I'm very interested in who the guy is once they manage to catch him.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
said he picked up the passenger early on Sunday morning from a bar in Charlotte and was asked to drive to the man’s home, ten miles away.

and

People who hire Uber drivers have to pay up front with their credit cards

Shouldn't be too hard to locate given the information quoted ( his address and credit card info ). What a dumb@ss.

Mar 9, 2013
I don't support the customer attitude. But, it was not unexpected after what had happened in those countries. People do panic. No matter how secular a person is. Fact of the matter is that the islamic ideology is so strong that even the bravest person would get afraid for himself and his family.
Look whats happening to those european countries who actually wanted to help the syrian refugees. The same refugees planned and executed the attack in there host country.

Just saying that muslims have been the biggest victims of terrorism cannot be an excuse for the death of innocent people who wanted to help them. After all it's the muslims who are killing muslims themselves.

Also, saying that syrian war or all other wars in the middle east have primarily been the result of western intervention or there dual standards.
I don't also completely support that view. Reason being:

1. All countries look after there interests first before other countries. As such, there have been no country in world history that don't have dual standards. Whether it's USA, UAE, or Saudi arab etc.

2. Muslims are not kids that they are being used as puppets by western countries. They too also benefit from such a collaboration. Whether it's in monetary terms or in terms of there ideology over sunni or shia etc.
Politics is same for all. You simply cannot blame the western countries for being better politicians.

3. I completely agree with OBAMA when he said that the roots of intolerance are very much nurtured and seeded in the very wee years of a muslim child. You need to address the issue of extremist thinking within your own comunity and stop preaching those kind of ideals in your madarsas. If you don't do that the you are basically making more terrorist who make a living by terririzing other innocent people.

x26

Sep 17, 2007
Indus River Valley finds another Outrage on his Far Left Lunatic websites he Frequents!!

O!!!MG!!!!WTFBBQ!!!!!

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Indus River Valley finds another Outrage on his Far Left Lunatic websites he Frequents!!

O!!!MG!!!!WTFBBQ!!!!!
Imagine going through life constantly carrying around that degree of anger, resentment and visions of persecution. Why, it's almost like some form of mental illness.

He's about to peak. I see a banning in his future and it can't come soon enough.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

O!!!MG!!!!WTFBBQ!!!!!

X26 finds another Outrage with a post he objects to for some bizarre reason.

BTW the Independent is hardly far left.

Nov 29, 2006
Don't want to be labeled a Muslim...don't look or dress like one...yeah...that's it..

This idiot will be arrested shortly as uber will have all his info lol

Nov 30, 2006
Meanwhile, in other news...Muslims beating white people. WTF is the point of this thread anyway? To demonstrate the incredible stupidity of the OP and his pea-brained minions?

VIDEO: Vicious mob attack three men ‘outside Brick Lane mosque’
http://www.london24.com/news/crime/...three_men_outside_brick_lane_mosque_1_4229344

VIDEO: Devout Muslim Chick Savagely Beats White Woman; Nobody Tries to Stop
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/7281...agely-beats-white-woman-nobody-tries-to-stop/

WATCH: Three Muslim Thugs Brutally Beat 11-Yr-Old White Kid
http://toprightnews.com/watch-three-muslim-thugs-brutally-beat-11-yr-old-white-kid/

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Meanwhile, in other news...

Total pivot and deflect and ignore. Not a good strategy since it makes you look like a tool.

A realistic person who is not filled with hate would at least condemn violence made against the victim for no reason at all but you're making the excuse, You won't even look at it since you're justified.. just because this shit happens overseas so he deserves it. That sort of ideology is fascism prevalent during the Nazi era as it made others human beings "sub human".

Are we not better than this? Is America not better than this?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
Total pivot and deflect and ignore. Not a good strategy since it makes you look like a tool.

A realistic person who is not filled with hate would at least condemn violence made against the victim for no reason at all but you're making the excuse, You won't even look at it since you're justified.. just because this shit happens overseas so he deserves it. That sort of ideology is fascism prevalent during the Nazi era as it made others human beings "sub human".

Of course the guy didn't deserve it and of course we should condemn it. Is that all you wanted from the forum?

Nov 30, 2006

No...this one incident says nothing about our country, no more than what those incidents (I linked to) of Muslims beating white people say about Islam.

I'm not deflecting, you just don't understand my point.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Of course the guy didn't deserve it and of course we should condemn it. Is that all you wanted from the forum?

A little bit more activism on teaching "restraint" to friends/ families.

There is also the part of letting the government do its job and just giving tips/ calling 911 to report suspicious behavior when needed compared to just beating someone up.

But I don't think members of the forums are guilty of assaulting people like this with just blind hate themselves. I could be wrong of course.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
Meanwhile, in other news...Muslims beating white people. WTF is the point of this thread anyway?

OP said it himself... he is excited to find out the story behind the perp....

I'm very interested in who the guy is once they manage to catch him.

OP is hoping and praying the person is a white Christian.... bonus points if it is found out he is a tea party member. This way he and his troll club can vilify anyone who voted for a Republican in the last 50 years.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
GOP politicians are fanning this hatred across the country for their own political gain.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
I just realized, this must be a pilot run for the 'Christian Tests' conservatives want brown people to go through.

I think their settings may have been a bit too high.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Silly OP - it's just good old Southern culture & heritage!

And it's just one person, one incident, but let's indict a whole area of the country. Interesting, coming from you, someone who has railed against those that have been outspoken about Islam and Muslims.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
And it's just one person, one incident, but let's indict a whole area of the country. Interesting, coming from you, someone who has railed against those that have been outspoken about Islam and Muslims.

Ah, it's only cute when you guys do it.

Got it.

:thumbsup:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Imagine going through life constantly carrying around that degree of anger, resentment and visions of persecution. Why, it's almost like some form of mental illness.

He's about to peak. I see a banning in his future and it can't come soon enough.

Holy shit did you really just post this un ironically? You the guy that not only creates faux outrage threads all the time but you are the same guy whose source for everything comes right wing websites, are talking about others possibly having a mental illness?

Ahahaha!! Congrats! Your post is the funniest I've read all year!

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
I'm totally in favor of the drunk idiot that assaulted the guy getting life in prison. Collectivist/tribal violence has no place in the world.