NBC, MSNBC terminate Arnett

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

C'DaleRider

Jan 13, 2000
I'm not exactly for this war, created in the way it was, BUT.........for an American to go on state-run Iraqi television and basically state we aren't doing well in the war and keep up your (Iraqi) resistance, it may make us go away.........that smacks of aid and succor for the enemy.....and that's called treason.

It's one thing to be here in this country and criticize/debate the merits/flaws of the war, but we must support the troops there. Arnett knew better....or should have known better. He knows now especially since he has profusely apologized for the interview. I doubt he'll be most welcome back here.

This is as bad as Jane Fonda visiting Hanoi during Vietnam, playing footsie with the NVA and criticizing the US and its role in the war. While we probably shouldn't have been in Vietnam, one does not go to the enemy's capitol and denounce your own home country, no matter how strongly you feel against the war.

rahvin

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Good to see that Freedom of Speech* is alive and well in America.

*Freedom of Speech should not be interpreted literally see exclusions **
**Speech contradictory to corporate or government position is not covered.
**Speech to non government-approved news sources is not covered.
**Insufficiently vague speech that might offend anyone is not covered.
**Speech that does not use sufficient number of unnamed sources to create plausible deniability is not covered.
**Speech that might endanger lobbying efforts on behalf of NBC parent GE is not covered.
**Speech that presents a new opinion on which there isn't already a consensus is not covered.
**Speech that presents any new facts that might contradict governement propaganda is not covered unless released simultaneously with all other major news sources.
**Speech not approved by Rush Libmaugh, and which might expose the network to accusations of liberal bias on conservative radio shows is not covered.
**Speech regurgitating government positions, pandering to the conservative right, or involving US flag waiving is covered and encouraged, unless it's contradictory to GE corporate interest.

As Amused has already pointed out on this board. Freedom of speech means that you can't go to jail for saying what you think. Freedom of speech has never meant that you couldn't be fired, ridiculed or verbally abused for your views. This belief that freedom of speech means I must tolerate or accept your point of view is a direct result of the same view that life is fair.

If you say something stupid you don't have to go to jail and I will defend your right to NOT go to jail, but if you do say something stupid I can fire your ass and not be punished by the government.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: Gonad the Barbarian
What exactly did he do that was so bad? Everyone has an opinion, and he gave it in an interview. Just because it's an unpopular one means he should be fired?
He's a reporter. You lose all credibility when you're the only source in a particular place and your opinions become the news.

So Dan Rather should be fired as well? I saw him on Letterman once.
Dan Rather only HINTS that things are not as the Coalition is portraying them. His is more experienced in POLITICS than Arnett.

Arnett made it clear on Iraqi TV that it was his opinion. He apologized on American TV - but since he is now "controversial", MSNBC did the right thing in firing him. He won't have trouble finding another job.

I also think he may well have been PRESSURED - at risk to his life - to say those things on Iraq TV. Are you guys NOT keeping up with the news? Saddam's military is selectively dragging some reporters out of their Baghdad hotels and taking them away (to who knows where).

Jul 1, 2000
Good to see that Freedom of Speech* is alive and well in America. *Freedom of Speech should not be interpreted literally see exclusions ** **Speech contradictory to corporate or government position is not covered. **Speech to non government-approved news sources is not covered. **Insufficiently vague speech that might offend anyone is not covered. **Speech that does not use sufficient number of unnamed sources to create plausible deniability is not covered. **Speech that might endanger lobbying efforts on behalf of NBC parent GE is not covered. **Speech that presents a new opinion on which there isn't already a consensus is not covered. **Speech that presents any new facts that might contradict governement propaganda is not covered unless released simultaneously with all other major news sources. **Speech not approved by Rush Libmaugh, and which might expose the network to accusations of liberal bias on conservative radio shows is not covered. **Speech regurgitating government positions, pandering to the conservative right, or involving US flag waiving is covered and encouraged, unless it's contradictory to GE corporate interest.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom from oppression by our government (or quasi-governmental authority). That is it. That is all.

This post is rubbish.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
Good to see that Freedom of Speech* is alive and well in America. *Freedom of Speech should not be interpreted literally see exclusions ** **Speech contradictory to corporate or government position is not covered. **Speech to non government-approved news sources is not covered. **Insufficiently vague speech that might offend anyone is not covered. **Speech that does not use sufficient number of unnamed sources to create plausible deniability is not covered. **Speech that might endanger lobbying efforts on behalf of NBC parent GE is not covered. **Speech that presents a new opinion on which there isn't already a consensus is not covered. **Speech that presents any new facts that might contradict governement propaganda is not covered unless released simultaneously with all other major news sources. **Speech not approved by Rush Libmaugh, and which might expose the network to accusations of liberal bias on conservative radio shows is not covered. **Speech regurgitating government positions, pandering to the conservative right, or involving US flag waiving is covered and encouraged, unless it's contradictory to GE corporate interest.

The First Amendment guarantees freedom from oppression by our government (or quasi-governmental authority). That is it. That is all.

This post is rubbish.
I think is it sarcastic (hopefully).

Anyone else think Arnett was "pressured" to say those things?

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: C'DaleRider
I'm not exactly for this war, created in the way it was, BUT.........for an American to go on state-run Iraqi television and basically state we aren't doing well in the war and keep up your (Iraqi) resistance, it may make us go away.........that smacks of aid and succor for the enemy.....and that's called treason.

It's one thing to be here in this country and criticize/debate the merits/flaws of the war, but we must support the troops there. Arnett knew better....or should have known better. He knows now especially since he has profusely apologized for the interview. I doubt he'll be most welcome back here.

This is as bad as Jane Fonda visiting Hanoi during Vietnam, playing footsie with the NVA and criticizing the US and its role in the war. While we probably shouldn't have been in Vietnam, one does not go to the enemy's capitol and denounce your own home country, no matter how strongly you feel against the war.

This is ridiculous. He said that the intial plan had failed, he did not say "keep up the resistance". Neither did he "denounce" his country.
rolleye.gif

Arnett is a victim of Nationalism gone mad.

da loser

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: apoppin
I think is it sarcastic (hopefully).

Anyone else think Arnett was "pressured" to say those things?

nope, he went on the today show and said it was a mistake to go on iraqi tv.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
If you say something stupid you don't have to go to jail and I will defend your right to NOT go to jail, but if you do say something stupid I can fire your ass and not be punished by the government.

So following your line of reasoning, I take it, we can fire Bush.

Here are a few quotes from the "leader of the free world."
This man may very well be the stupidest person ever to lead any country anywhere in the history of the world.

"It's important for [the United Nations'] words to mean what they say, and as we head into the 21st century, Mark, when it comes to our security, we really don't need anybody's permission."
?Bush, during a press conference in 2003 (in the 21st century)
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President George Bush Discusses Iraq in National Press Conference," March 6, 2003

"Columbia carried in its payroll classroom experiments from some of our students in America."
Source: The Washington Post, "With Edwards, White House Shows First-Strike Capability," Dana Milbank, Feb. 11, 2003

"Should any Iraqi officer or soldier receive an order from Saddam Hussein.... don't follow that order. Because if you choose to do so, when Iraq is liberated, you will be treated, tried and persecuted as a war criminal."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "Taking Action to Strengthen Small Business Remarks by the President on the Economy," Jan. 22, 2003

"The law I sign today directs new funds and new focus to the task of collecting vital intelligence on terrorist threats and on weapons of mass production."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Signs 911 Commission Bill," Nov. 27, 2002

"Corporate malfeance [sic] has had an effect on our economy and we need to do something about it."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Rally at Oakland County Airport," Oct. 14, 2002

"Speaking about barbaric regimes, we must deal with probably one of the most?not probably?one of the most real threats we face, and that is the idea of a barbaric regime teaming up with a terrorist network and providing weapons of mass destruction to hold the United States and our allies and our friends blackmail."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Alexander for Senate Luncheon," Sept. 17, 2002
Bush's Inner Wordsmith

"These people don't have tanks. They don't have ships. They hide in caves. They send suiciders out."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush At Welcome Rally," Nov. 1, 2002

"A lame duck session, for people who don't know what that means, it means the Senate is coming and the House is coming back between now and Christmas and they've got a few days to get some big things done."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "President Bush Holds Press Conference, Presidential Hall, Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Office Building," Nov. 7, 2002

"We hold dear what our Declaration of Independence says, that all have got uninalienable rights, endowed by a Creator."
Source: The New York Times, "Reporter's Notebook; Skipping Borders, Tripping Diction," David E. Sanger, May 28, 2002
Grammar: Bush's Foe

"What is life choices about?"
?Bush, speaking to student athletes
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Welcomes NCAA Champs," Feb. 24, 2003

"The more money they have in their more pockets ? in their pockets, the more likely it is that somebody will find work."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "George W. Bush Delivers Remarks to the GOP Resort from the Greenbriar Resort," Feb. 9, 2003

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush on Anniversary of No Child Left Behind Act," Jan. 8, 2003

"And out of the evil done to America is going to come a more peaceful world, and a more better America..."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Welcome Ceremony," Oct. 22, 2002

"Some communities, you say, "Hey, American dream," and they go, "What does that mean?"
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Manchester, New Hampshire Welcome," Oct. 5, 2002

"There is no second-rate children in Arizona. There's no second-rate children in America."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Delivers Remarks at Salmon for Governor and Renzi for Congress Fund-raiser," Sept. 27, 2002

"What is your ambitions?"
?Bush, speaking at the Parkview Arts and Science Magnet School
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush at a Back-to-School Event," Aug. 29, 2002

"We will be steadfast and strong in our desire to make the world more free."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush at 'Simon for Governor' Luncheon," Aug. 23, 2002

"When one of us suffer, all of us suffers."
?Bush, addressing the Pennsylvania coal miners
Source: The Nation, "W. and the Coal Miners: Photo-op Cover for Anti-worker Policies," David Corn, Aug. 6, 2002

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
Source: United Press International, "Bush Proposes Increase in Education Funds," Mark Kukis, Feb. 21, 2001
Foot-in-Mouth Disease Strikes Again

"And, most importantly, Alma Powell, secretary of Colin Powell, is with us."
--Bush, introducing Alma Powell, wife of Secretary of State Colin Powell
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush on First Anniversary of the USA Freedom Corps," Jan. 30, 2003

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein and his willingness to terrorize himself."
Source: The Washington Post, "With Edwards, White House Shows First-Strike Capability," Dana Milbank, Feb. 11, 2003

"The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American and to threats who are friends of America."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Rallies Troops at Fort Hood," Jan. 3, 2003

"They see the risks are high, the risk of being able to find a job or the risk of keeping the homeland secure."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "President Bush Holds Press Conference, Presidential Hall, Dwight D. Eisenhower Executive Office Building," Nov. 7, 2002

"And I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "Remarks by the President at Arkansas Welcome, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport," Nov. 4, 2002

"If you want to build a big project and you can't get insurance because of what the terrorists have done for America, you can put the project aside."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Rally at Oakland County Airport," Oct. 14, 2002

"I was proud the other day when both Republicans and Democrats stood with me in the Rose Garden to announce their support for a clear statement of purpose, "You disarm, or we will.'"
?Bush, speaking about Saddam Hussein
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Delivers Remarks at a Sununu for Senate Fundraiser," Oct. 5, 2002

"If you find a neighbor in need, you're responsible for serving that neighbor in need, you're responsible for loving a neighbor just like you'd like to love yourself."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Delivers Remarks on the Economy," Sept. 16, 2002

"There's no doubt in my mind that we should allow the world worst leaders to hold America hostage, to threaten our peace, to threaten our friends and allies with the world's worst weapons."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "Remarks by the President at Chris Chocola for Congress, and Indiana Victory 2002 Finance Dinner," Sept. 5, 2002

"And when we find children trapped in schools which will not teach and will not change, as a society we must demand something better, because there is no second-rate children in America."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "Remarks by the President at Chris Chocola for Congress, and Indiana Victory 2002 Finance Dinner," Sept. 5, 2002

"There's no bigger task than protecting the homeland of our country."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush at 'Simon for Governor' Luncheon," Aug. 23, 2002

"But here in Texas we took [trial lawyers] on and got some good medical?medical malpractice, which evidently had a few loopholes in it."
Source: PR Newswire, "Remarks by the President at the Economic Forum Health Care Security Session," Aug. 13, 2002

"Tommy is a good listener, and he's a pretty good actor, too. He can get things done. Action man, we call him."
?Bush, referring to Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy Thompson Source: PR Newswire, "Remarks by the President at the Economic Forum Health Care Security Session," Aug. 13, 2002

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."
Source: PR Newswire, "Remarks by the President at the Economic Forum Health Care Security Session," Aug. 13, 2002

"The consultation process is a positive part of really allowing people to fully understand our deep concerns about this man, his regime and his desires to have weapons of mass destruction. Last question?and then I've got to go chip and putt for a birdie. [Laughter.] It was a good drive."
?Bush, interrupting an Aug. 10 golf game in Waco, Texas, for a Q & A discussing possible U.S. military action against Iraq.
Source: The Washington Post, "White House Veteran to New Guy: Oh, Beha-aaa-ave!," Lloyd Grove, Aug. 13, 2002

"Do you have blacks, too?"
?Bush, speaking to Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
Source: Salon.com, "Bushed," Jake Tapper, June 20, 2002

"A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question about it."
Source: Business Week Online, "A Gentleman's "C" for W," Richard S. Dunham, July 30, 2001
ely Comprehensible and Funny

"And as I said in my State of the Union, the idea is to see that a car born today?I mean, a child born today will be driving a car, as his or her first car, which will be powered by hydrogen and pollution-free."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush Re: Energy Independence," Feb. 6, 2003

"There was a good news story in Mississippi. I went down there and?it wasn't because of me, it was because the doctors and the citizens understand the cost of a trial system gone array and they got themselves a law."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Calls for Medical Liability Reform," Jan. 16, 2003

"I mentioned early on that I recognize there are hurdles, and we're going to achieve those hurdles."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush," Jan. 22, 2003

"There's only one person who hugs the mothers and the widows, the wives and the kids upon the death of their loved one. Others hug but having committed the troops, I've got an additional responsibility to hug and that's me and I know what it's like."
Source: ABC News Transcripts, "President Bush and First Lady Bush '20/20' Year-End Interview," Dec. 13, 2002

"The goals for this country are peace in the world. And the goals for this country are a compassionate American for every single citizen. That compassion is found in the hearts and souls of the American citizens."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "President Visits D.C. Food Bank," Dec. 19, 2002

"Sometimes Washington is one of these towns where the people who think they've got the sharp elbows are the most effective person."
Source: Federal Document Clearing House, "George W. Bush Participates in a Terrell-for-Senate Luncheon," Dec. 3, 2002

"The solid truth of the matter is, when you find?if you want to help heal the hurt, if you want to you hurt people?help people in pain, the best way to do so is to call upon the great strength of the country, which is the compassion of our fellow Americans."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Delivers Remarks," Nov. 4, 2002

"I want the youngsters here to remember the story of Flight 93, one of most profound parts of this entire history of the recent history we've been through."
Source: Federal News Service, "President Bush Remarks at Missouri Welcome," Nov. 4, 2002

"This is a?this is a?any strike's a tough?tough situation, but this one happens to come at a?or a lockout is a tough situation, or no work is a tough situation?is to come at bad time."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President Bush Following Meeting with Congressional Leaders to Discuss Terrorism Insurance," Oct. 1, 2002

"There's an old saying in Tennessee?I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee?that says: Fool me once, shame on [pause] shame on you. [Pause] Fool me [long, uncomfortable, agonizing pause] you can't get fooled again."
Source: The Washington Post, "The Reliable Source," Lloyd Grove, Sept. 18, 2002

"We're going to have a White House forum there in Washington, D.C., obviously?that's where the White House is ..."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Pledge Across America," Sept. 17, 2002

"I should have clarified it by my statement. I just clarified it by my?not should have?I just."
?Bush, trying to clarify a statement
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Holds Media Availability with Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi," Sept. 14, 2002

"We've got pockets of persistent poverty in our society, which I refuse to declare defeat?I mean, I refuse to allow them to continue on. And so one of the things that we're trying to do is to encourage a faith-based initiative to spread its wings all across America, to be able to capture this great compassionate spirit."
Source: Federal News Service, "Remarks by President George W. Bush Re: Small Businesses Location," March 18, 2002
final note

The second edition of the Oxford Dictionary of Phrase, Saying and Quotation recently recognized Bush's er ... contributions to the English language. Under the heading "Bushisms," the dictionary includes such Bush classics as, "We are ready for any unforseen event which may or may not happen."
Source: The Associated Press, "Words of wisdom from Bush?and you can quote him on that," Nov. 18, 2002

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I also think he may well have been PRESSURED - at risk to his life - to say those things on Iraq TV. Are you guys NOT keeping up with the news? Saddam's military is selectively dragging some reporters out of their Baghdad hotels and taking them away (to who knows where).
Baghdad Pete, pressured? Not a chance. He was ASKED by the Hussein regime in no small part because Arnett is renowned for his heavily slanted reporting that invariably empathizes with the side of a conflict that is not the United States. They knew he would enthusiastically be an agent of Iraqi propaganda and Arnett did not disappoint.

Arnett was no more 'pressured' to be a tool for the Iraqi regime than Hanoi Jane was 'pressured' by the Viet Cong.

Morph

Banned
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: BOBDN

"And out of the evil done to America is going to come a more peaceful world, and a more better America..."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Welcome Ceremony," Oct. 22, 2002

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."
Source: United Press International, "Bush Proposes Increase in Education Funds," Mark Kukis, Feb. 21, 2001
Foot-in-Mouth Disease Strikes Again

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein and his willingness to terrorize himself."

"And I know something about being a government. And you've got a good one."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "Remarks by the President at Arkansas Welcome, Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport," Nov. 4, 2002

"I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

"We're going to have a White House forum there in Washington, D.C., obviously?that's where the White House is ..."
Source: FDCH Political Transcripts, "George W. Bush Participates in Pledge Across America," Sept. 17, 2002

"Do you have blacks, too?"
?Bush, speaking to Brazilian President Fernando Henrique Cardoso.
Source: Salon.com, "Bushed," Jake Tapper, June 20, 2002
ROFL!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: tcsenter
Baghdad Pete, pressured? Not a chance. He was ASKED by the Hussein regime in no small part because Arnett is renowned for his heavily slanted reporting that invariably empathizes with the side of a conflict that is not the United States. They knew he would enthusiastically be an agent of Iraqi propaganda and Arnett did not disappoint.

Arnett was no more 'pressured' to be a tool for the Iraqi regime than Hanoi Jane was 'pressured' by the Viet Cong.
I am "impressed" that you know what no one else but Arnett knows.

rolleye.gif

Did you even hear his interview? :p

And I predicted he'd have a job again soon - He was hired by The Mirror (I think) in the UK.

abovewood

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2904893.stm

Tuesday, 1 April

0010: The Daily Mirror, a UK tabloid newspaper which opposes the war, says it has hired veteran reporter Peter Arnett - a few hours after he was sacked by the American NBC TV network for saying the initial war plan had failed.

I don't know much about this man, but I wonder how long can he hold this job.
Well, at least he is not working for the IRAQI TV

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: abovewood
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/2904893.stm

Tuesday, 1 April

0010: The Daily Mirror, a UK tabloid newspaper which opposes the war, says it has hired veteran reporter Peter Arnett - a few hours after he was sacked by the American NBC TV network for saying the initial war plan had failed.

I don't know much about this man, but I wonder how long can he hold this job.
Well, at least he is not working for the IRAQI TV
Look, he apologized for his MISjudgements. He has been generally well-respected (up till now) and - unlike Geraldo - didn't give any secrets away. :p

It's a war-hysteria "thing". ;)

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Originally posted by: jagr10
I think the fact that he took an interview with IRAQI TV got him fired. That's supposed to be the opposition and NBC didn't like that.

Sorry, just looked for the link on cnn, but they changed it.

The POINT is what he SAID and NOT that he took an interview on Iraqi TV.

I found his statements UTTERLY ridiculous and, hearing today that he was fired was actually good news.

Arnett Interview Transcipt - HILARIOUS !

Example:
"Well, I'd like to say from the beginning that the 12 years I've been coming here, I've met unfailing courtesy and cooperation. Courtesy from your people, and cooperation from the Ministry of Information, which has allowed me and many other reporters to cover 12 whole years since the Gulf War with a degree of freedom which we appreciate. And that is continuing today.
"

Cooperation and Courtesy...Only that Iraq threw out all other western journalists and two US journalists are supposed to have been killed.

Etc..etc...please read the whole transcript.

I think some people (including him as one of the few western journalists in Iraq) totally ignore/do not want to see that in Iraq there is actually
a dictatorship going on with Saddams picture on every wall wielding a gun, the whole country and the citizens are brainwashed, NO opinion and free speech is allowed, total control of the media, people with other opinions get *killed*....

PS

I think it's always 'funny' to see people IN IRAQ speaking puplicly about 'opposing bush/the usa'...and then see how 'proud' these people feel because they think they do something really great and contribute to 'balanced' news...eg. not only the 'us' side.

What about....some journalist (on Iraqi TV, translation to Arabic included) would spend the same amount of energy on a tv appearance where he speaks against saddam and the government there...
Problem: Thats IMPOSSIBLE, he might even get killed if he would come up with that idea...

how ironic..

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: tcsenter

What about all the American Propaganda? Every station is filled with it. We got reporters with the Marines. Do you think the coverage is going to be balanced? Give me a break! What Arnett said is no different then the propoganda we get from those reporters.