nbc Dishonest Video Edit of Gun Rights Supporters

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 27, 2012
I agree, I like to think that CNN is somewhere in the middle but it annoys me when front page news is a celebrity marriage (or something just as useless). I like NPR but they do lean towards the left, its not like that should be any big surprise though.

Cnn isn't as biased as the others but they definitely still have some bias

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I'm absolutely shocked, we know only fox is biased, all the other media outlets just present the truth Typical MSNBC / NBC hack job. What a worthless organization.
yeah heard about this last night. pretty bad edit. it really changes the situation. They are the flip side of fox now

Yeah, too bad they're aping Fox. I wish we had a news station more like BBC news in England. The news and opinion shows are much more clearly delineated on that channel.

A democracy (or more accurately representative republic) requires a well informed populace and unfortunately infotainment has just cut it.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I watch C-Span on occasion. However, a lot of times it is raw coverage of the House and Senate, at least when I watch.

I'd like a factual, dry, summation of what happened in politics during the day as well as national and world news that I've seen on BBC when I was Europe.

However, it's informative if you have the time to watch it.

stormkroe

Golden Member
May 28, 2011
For a minute there I thought "awesome, no one is going to defend this" and we were gonna get through this story in agreement. I should have known that you can't kill the echo-chamber.

OK, what to bet, what to bet...
I bet a $10 donation to the children's charity of your choice that within 2 weeks this edit is blamed on 'time constraints' (i.e. shortened to fit into a given time-slot)
Any takers?

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
I don't know whats worse: the legnths TV news teams go to cater to their audience or that people actually get their news from TV.

Ill tell you whats really pathetic, that a so called news organization like Newsbusters thinks this is worthy of news that really contributes to the gun control debate.

They dont call it an echo chamber for nothing.

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
I don't know whats worse: the legnths TV news teams go to cater to their audience or that people actually get their news from TV.

Ill tell you whats really pathetic, that a so called news organization like Newsbusters thinks this is worthy of news that really contributes to the gun control debate.

They dont call it an echo chamber for nothing.

Well the problem is that hard core anti-gun advocates will eat this shit up. Remember pre-election where Obama was talking about small businesses and the clip that ended up getting passed around was the "You didn't build that" bullshit? Then remember how the RNC was fucking centered around that one statement, "Yes we did build that?"

Any democrat with half a brain knows that the clip right leaning news orgs. showed was taken clearly out of context to ruffle feathers.

Well, same goes with this clip. Any pro-gun supporter knows that this clip was taken out of context again, to ruffle feathers.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009
I agree bass, its pathetic all around.

We should be having real discussions about this, not this soundbite got-ya nonsense.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
For a minute there I thought "awesome, no one is going to defend this" and we were gonna get through this story in agreement. I should have known that you can't kill the echo-chamber.

OK, what to bet, what to bet...
I bet a $10 donation to the children's charity of your choice that within 2 weeks this edit is blamed on 'time constraints' (i.e. shortened to fit into a given time-slot)
Any takers?

On a "Heads you lose, tails I win" offer like that? Who you kidding? Programming is based on the "Time Slot".

leper84

Dec 29, 2011
I believe it, I'd believe it in a heartbeat. This "Bashir' guy, whoever he is, just even looks like a douchebag.

JulianBashir.jpg