Nazis claim continued access to Trump White House via Steve Bannon

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
A 25-year-old graduate student named Patrik Hermansson went 'undercover' for a year to study the Nazis ("alt-right"); he wore a wire and/or a hidden camera for much of that, and this NYT piece includes a writeup as well as direct video footage of many leading American Nazis explaining their views of wanting to forcibly expel or place non-whites in concentration camps (they tend to avoid saying that to the mainstream press for obvious reasons).

A number of these Nazis claim that they've had association with the Trump White House and Steve Bannon in particular. That fact is currently unverified.

I'd click through to the link below to watch the actual hidden camera video footage. Their forthrightness about their goals is something not often captured on film.

The New York Times - Undercover With the Alt-Right

Mr. Hermansson, who was sent undercover by the British anti-racist watchdog group Hope Not Hate, spent months insinuating himself into the alt-right, using his Swedish nationality (many neo-Nazis are obsessed with Sweden because of its “Nordic” heritage) as a way in. It wasn’t always easy. “You want to punch them in the face,” he told me of the people he met undercover. “You want to scream and do whatever — leave. But you can’t do any of those things. You have to sit and smile.”

Some of Mr. Hermansson’s most arresting footage comes from a June meeting with Jason Reza Jorjani, a founder, along with the American white nationalist Richard Spencer and others, of the AltRight Corporation, an organization established to foster cooperation and coordination among alt-right groups in Europe and North America.

Mr. Hermansson and Mr. Jorjani met at an Irish pub near the Empire State Building, where the baby-faced Mr. Jorjani imagined a near future in which, thanks to liberal complacency over the migration crisis, Europe re-embraces fascism: “We will have a Europe, in 2050, where the bank notes have Adolf Hitler, Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander the Great. And Hitler will be seen like that: like Napoleon, like Alexander, not like some weird monster who is unique in his own category — no, he is just going to be seen as a great European leader.”

More shockingly, Mr. Jorjani bragged about his contacts in the American government. “We had connections in the Trump administration — we were going to do things!” he said at one point. “I had contacts with the Trump administration,” he said at another.

“Our original vision was the alt-right would become like a policy group for the Trump administration,” he explained, and the administration figure “who was the interface was Steve Bannon.” Unfortunately, he told Mr. Hermansson, the political establishment was “disconnecting us from the Trump administration, almost completely.” (In June, Mr. Bannon hadn’t yet left the White House and returned to Breitbart, the popular and ardently pro-Trump far-right outlet he had led before his time working for Mr. Trump.)

When I called Mr. Jorjani, he was cagier about his “connections” and “contacts” in the White House. All he meant, he said, was that he had been in touch with people who had a direct line to President Trump, though he wouldn’t say who. Asked to comment, a White House spokeswoman said, “We have no knowledge of any conversations or contact with this person.”

Either way, Mr. Jorjani said, with the ousters of Michael Flynn in February and then Mr. Bannon in August, he now views the alt-right’s efforts to carve out a place in the White House as having failed. (Mr. Jorjani resigned from the AltRight Corporation in August.)

If Mr. Jorjani wasn’t exaggerating to Mr. Hermansson, and he did have a relationship with White House officials, that would certainly be alarming. But even if he was exaggerating, it’s still important to understand how messages like his could travel from the far reaches of the right-wing internet and all the way into — or close to, at least — the White House.

...​

urvile

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2017
We will have a Europe, in 2050, where the bank notes have Adolf Hitler, Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander the Great. And Hitler will be seen like that: like Napoleon, like Alexander, not like some weird monster who is unique in his own category — no, he is just going to be seen as a great European leader.

That is taking neo nazis and white supremacists obsession with revising history into a new and fantastical realm. Why would hitler ever be seen as a great leader? It's like these people are completely disconnected from reality.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Wait, some are still confused about the real goals of Nazis? hahaha, oh right, I recall many apologetic bedwetting morons that keep posting here. We should offer Nazis tea and cake and ask them to be nice.

Reactions: NesuD and esquared

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That is taking neo nazis and white supremacists obsession with revising history into a new and fantastical realm. Why would hitler ever be seen as a great leader? It's like these people are completely disconnected from reality.

Hitler did many great things, many great things. Yes, some of them were bad, and some people were even bad people, I'll admit, but he did many, many great things. Let me tell you.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Well, they are. They're yearning for a fantastical version of the world that can never exist because they don't know how to deal with the world they actually live in. It's like how you pretended to be a astronaut or superhero when you were a kid... only these people never grew up, and never realized it was just a game.

In a sense, Trump is like them, just magnified. Both want their lives to have more importance than they really do; the difference is that Trump was already important (like it or not), and added importance for him means always being seen as the most important person, everywhere, forever. I suspect he's genuinely annoyed knowing that he'll eventually die, because he can't imagine a world where he's not the center of attention.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well the source of this info is a guy who also thinks that Hitler's face is going to be on European currency in 33 years, so I'll be appropriately skeptical, but I am scared at how easy it is to imagine neo-Nazis having any role in US Politics whatsoever, much less an ear in the White House.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Well, they are. They're yearning for a fantastical version of the world that can never exist because they don't know how to deal with the world they actually live in. It's like how you pretended to be a astronaut or superhero when you were a kid... only these people never grew up, and never realized it was just a game.
Wait, so they're members of the progressive left? The kind that left the White House in January? You just described the alt-left.

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
After seeing all of this do you guys think that Amazon's series "The Man in the High Castle" is a coincidence?

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Wait, so they're members of the progressive left? The kind that left the White House in January? You just described the alt-left.

"I know what you are, but what am I" stopped working as an argument in kindergarten. Let me know when you're ready to sit with the adults.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Trump and Bannon sucking nazi dick on television is not the same as the nazi party having contact with the White House administration.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Look dumberang is still trying to push the alt-left bull shit. Your conservative projection syndrome is flaring again.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hitler did many great things, many great things. Yes, some of them were bad, and some people were even bad people, I'll admit, but he did many, many great things. Let me tell you.

Well, at least they were only bad people, not bad hombres. Those are the worst.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

This doesn't really make sense to me--so what is the alt-left now? it seems that it is anything you want it to be, whenever you need it, to act as a stand-in for your own bed-wetting self-hate? That's basically what I get from your posts. The world around you, as you seem to see it, sucks. Obviously it can never be the fault of the terrible decisions you have made in the voting booth your entire life, so it must be the fault of some phantom evil that you were conveniently told to believe in--the phantom evils that brought this country unparalleled GDP and technological growth for more than half a century--the political left that actually put us in space and created the middle class and created good jobs for unskilled laborers.

Nah, not those guys. They made this country great, and my decisions voted for people that blatantly stole that wealth and hoarded it for themselves...but it wasn't me! I didn't do it!

Are you ever going to wake up and accept that you've been thoroughly lied to by your GOP betters over the last 4 decades, and that you've been contributing to the economic and social rape of this country in service of the corporatist billionaires that run your party? Will this ever happen for you, or is blissful ignorance and self-hate the status quo going forward?