Naw, we ain't fat enough yet.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
I do not find this appealing.

Agreed and the whole chicken & waffles thing too.
This would be great as an appetizer for an event. Plate with *small* amount of fresh doughnut with some fried chicken.
Something you have a bite or two of not an entire meal.

Last edited:

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Chicken and waffles is a thing. I can see how this could work.

The few times I've had chicken & waffles I didn't put syrup/sweetener on the waffles at all so it wasn't nearly as sweet as that looks.

Almost as gross as that new Dunkin breakfast sammich....

Glazed_Donut_Breakfast_Sandwich_23e5e03a-6512-427d-89a8-2ff7874e1b4c-prv.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
The few times I've had chicken & waffles I didn't put syrup/sweetener on the waffles at all so it wasn't nearly as sweet as that looks.

Almost as gross as that new Dunkin breakfast sammich....

Glazed_Donut_Breakfast_Sandwich_23e5e03a-6512-427d-89a8-2ff7874e1b4c-prv.jpg

Christ. As if we're not already unhealthy enough as a country.

I mean, I understand that people are responsible for their own actions, but at some point somebody has to step in and say enough, especially when there are marketing teams whose sole job is to get people to buy this crap. All of these fast-food places are part of the problem and should be regulated a bit more closely for nutrition...

Feb 4, 2009
Christ. As if we're not already unhealthy enough as a country.

I mean, I understand that people are responsible for their own actions, but at some point somebody has to step in and say enough, especially when there are marketing teams whose sole job is to get people to buy this crap. All of these fast-food places are part of the problem and should be regulated a bit more closely for nutrition...

That is the Snoop Dogg designed sandwich

Reactions: Captante

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
So because I love you guys so much I went today. I think I was the first to order it at that location and I don't think they made mine right:

Eqxx8vN.jpg

XRD5nXP.jpg

I thought about mentioning it but, when I saw how much frosting they used, decided it was probably better if I remained silent.

The donut was surprisingly good - likely because they are made on demand. I would take a KFC donut over a dunking or timmy ho's donut anyday (were I in the sad situation where I was forced into picking between those three)

FWIW I like chicken and waffles - when its done right - but I didn't like this combo. I ended up eating the chicken separately from the donut. Also - their spork was not well suited for this endeavour and seemed in danger of breaking
hXhpuVX.jpg

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
lol

WTH are you talking about. It looks just like the pic in the OP.

I think its supposed to have a donut on top too. But otherwise I give it an 8/10 for advertising vs appearance.

Also - anyone have a link for that fastfood thread of ours?

Feb 4, 2009
I’m impressed how similar it is to the promo picture.
Not something I’m going to order but I applaud them being realistic about it

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I think the worst offender is delivered pizza. It looks NOTHING like the TV commercials. Not even close.