National Monument barrycades being torn down

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
"I see your veterans who carried a barricade to the White House today and raise you a Wounded Warrior who walked three miles today picking up trash."

UlwCwCi.jpg

From Reddit.....

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Is "barrycades" supposed to be a play on Obama's name or......................?

Spelling test?

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
Let me help you out here.

Who Shut Down the Government?

http://jewishworldreview.com/cols/sowell100413.php3#.Ulsa2T_-yzl
^This is the truth
The founding fathers had the foresight to put checks and balances into the system in case some tyrannical people ever got into the wrong places.Obama wrote the rules for the shutdown his last term.It's all a big lie.His disdain and disrespect for those that serve in the armed forces is incredibly evident by his actions.

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

You really don't get the news out where you live, do you? I guess the only channels available are MSNBC, NBC, ABC & CBS, right? Take a guess what they don't cover, as the BHO administration's puppets..... ;)

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
You really don't get the news out where you live, do you? I guess the only channels available are MSNBC, NBC, ABC & CBS, right? Take a guess what they don't cover, as the BHO administration's puppets..... ;)
When I check the news I see:
1) Hundreds of thousands of veterans laid off by Republican shenanigans.
2) Republican politicos vandalizing the National Mall.

What do you see?

laspariahs

Mar 31, 2012
^This is the truth
The founding fathers had the foresight to put checks and balances into the system in case some tyrannical people ever got into the wrong places.Obama wrote the rules for the shutdown his last term.It's all a big lie.His disdain and disrespect for those that serve in the armed forces is incredibly evident by his actions.

Well as you pointed out it is checks and balances, that means while the house can pass whatever they want the senate and the president don't have to agree. If the house was solely responsible we wouldn't have a shutdown would we, no all three have to agree to any appropriations bill.

Really, it's everyone's fault, which both the cons and the liberals don't want to hear, but that's the truth, they both should have hammered out a deal long ago.

schmuckley

Platinum Member
Aug 18, 2011
They could cut the FED by 1/3 and it wouldn't bother me 1 bit.There's so much waste and leeching off of the people it's really just deplorable.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
don't ya think your obama should be wearing a fidel castro style uniform?? Or maybe a Colonel Gaddafi style uniform?? Lots of braids and scrambled eggs..a hat that keeps falling forward and covers his eyes..dictators need to distinguish them selves.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Let's work this one through.

1. The Republicans close the Federal government.
2. The Republicans complain that the Federal government is closed.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
What about the blockade of citizens' properties?

WE own those monuments and parks. Get that fact through your thick f'n skull.

Those People have assigned the Federal Government the task of regulating their use.
Does the government shutdown mean I can now drill for oil on the National Mall? That I can clear-cut Yellowstone? No. The government shutdown does not mean that it's now each individual's property and they can do what they want. But the Federal Government is the one employed by the people to to determine what use is valid, and no other system has been created in the interim, so how do you prevent the most aggressive from seizing the provided opportunity to gain whatever personal profit they can? By shutting down access to everyone.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Those People have assigned the Federal Government the task of regulating their use.
Does the government shutdown mean I can now drill for oil on the National Mall? That I can clear-cut Yellowstone? No. The government shutdown does not mean that it's now each individual's property and they can do what they want. But the Federal Government is the one employed by the people to to determine what use is valid, and no other system has been created in the interim, so how do you prevent the most aggressive from seizing the provided opportunity to gain whatever personal profit they can? By shutting down access to everyone.
That is by far, the best piece of paranoid delusion put to words I can recall ever reading. If you're not working for the government you should be. That is some first class propaganda right there. :thumbsup:

You could be a progressive god should you choose to.

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
That is by far, the best piece of paranoid delusion put to words I can recall ever reading. If you're not working for the government you should be. That is some first class propaganda right there. :thumbsup:

Well then, I'm off to the Mint to start printing some money and provide funding for abortions. Glad you agree that it's my building and that I can do what I want with it.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Well then, I'm off to the Mint to start printing some money and provide funding for abortions. Glad you agree that it's my building and that I can do what I want with it.
Knock yourself out. Hey, and those guys with the guns? When they start giving you some shit? Don't listen.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Let's dig ourselves out of debt by spending even more money! Brilliant! If it never works, try try again!