Name some water alternatives?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
With the Source, you push down the front to activate the CO2 and it has three levels. The higher the level, the more carbonated. I usually do the middle level. I'm going to buy a CO2 tank and put it in one of the kitchen cabinets. I can get a fitting that will let me connect the tank to the Source.

Thanks.

You'll love the tank, it's like an endless supply.

djryanash

Jun 15, 2018
I know water is good and a main driver of health. I just can't seem to drink enough of it without wanting to puke. I have to force it down basically. Overall I'm hardly ever thirsty which seems odd in itself.

Anyway, I haven't had a regular soda in years. I have had an on/off relationship with diet soda, but I know that's pretty bad for you too so I'd like to get that off my list.

So seltzer water is pretty good. I like True lime water mixes, but too much of that gives me heart burn. Almond milk is good, but I need something cheap with some kind of taste to help me get to about a gallon of 'water' a day.

Any ideas?

This is going to sound disgusting, but I think it's delicious: 12 ounces of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, a squirt of lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon powder - stir vigorously. Tastes great and is super good for you (do your own research) ;)

Also - coconut water!!! Very healthy and a good alternative to plain water.

Reactions: paperfist

techcrush78

Jun 27, 2018
I got bored with water a while back and got a soda stream machine which helped. I also add different pieces of fruit for flavoring which mixes it up. Unfortunately, water is hard to replace...

marcosmith120

Jan 18, 2019
It's nice questions.
I want to say that there no water alternative,but some people say different form.
In the chemical industry they give name of water is H20.
In Vodka is a one type of water form.
So,water is most important our body or health.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
This is going to sound disgusting, but I think it's delicious: 12 ounces of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt, a squirt of lemon juice and a dash of cinnamon powder - stir vigorously. Tastes great and is super good for you (do your own research) ;)

Also - coconut water!!! Very healthy and a good alternative to plain water.

I actually have been using that for a while and you're right it's delicious! I haven't mixed in salt though. Also clears up heart burn almost instantly.

I also found that those protein & green powder mixes like: https://www.amazon.com/Vega-Protein...47796721&sr=8-6&keywords=vegan+protein+powder make water taste wicked good!

Bulldog21

Jan 21, 2019
Does green tea makes you feel like you want to puke too?
That is very interesting. First time I hear that somebody has a problem with drinking water.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Does green tea makes you feel like you want to puke too?
That is very interesting. First time I hear that somebody has a problem with drinking water.[/QUOTE

Welcome to the forums.

You don't get out much I take it? Tons of people hate water, that's why there's a zillion dollars in soda sales, seltzer water, wine, booze, beer....

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I've always loved water and never understood why others didn't like it. When it's hot out I want water and it is the only thing that ever quenched my thirst except for something like Gatorade. Water is also super cheap compared to anything else and it's very good for you.

Have you tried a water infuser? https://www.amazon.com/AquaFrut-Bottle-Multiple-BPA-Free-Infusion/dp/B018364XA0/

I have never used one myself so the link is just an example. They also make pitchers if it's something you enjoy. A bonus is you also will have healthy and delicious fruits, berries, etc. around the house.

Jane_June

Feb 4, 2019
You may add lemon, lime or orange in your water and drink instead of pure water several times a day. In summer I also add mint leaves.

Reactions: paperfist

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I find the recommendations for water is a little crazy. What is it like 8 glasses or something per day? If I drank that much myself I may as well just have a catheter that is connected straight to a drain because I'll be peeing like every 5 minutes all day and night. I would not try to reach that kind of goal, just limit drinking "bad" drinks and make sure you get at least SOME water every day. You get some through food too.

Try club soda, or just plain carbonized water. It's almost like pop, as you get the fizziness. Coffee and tea is ok too, but try to still have plain water as those do dehydrate you.

Also, consider getting an under sink filter system if you don't have one, when you do drink water it will taste so much better. What you probably don't like from the water is the chlorine taste.

Generally if I'm thirsty and craving a pop, I have a glass of water, and the craving will often subdue.