Name 5-10 games you would recommend for new gamer with 7600GT

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pwnagesarus

Apr 9, 2007
The Max Payne series should be at the top of the list. Every guy I know of that's played it has enjoyed it. What's not to love about killing 10000 guys and looking badass while doing it?

-Call of Duty series
-Rome Total War
-Portal
-Half Life series
-Quake 4

Edge1

Feb 17, 2007
Thanks everyone so far:). We'll be gettin together for beer and a massive gaming install this weekend. He provides the beer, I provide most of the games. I own many of these and can lend them to him, and whatever else he can buy. Staying away from RPG-type games because they are an acquired taste in general and somewhat complex (attributes, skills and all that). This is a noob gamer.

I have recommended the Orange Box.

Right now what I own and will lend:
1) COD 1/United Offensive
2) Mafia
3) Riddick
4) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
5) Pro Evolution 5 (Soccer)
6) NHL 06
7) Far Cry
8) Rome Total War
9) Max Payne (the original)
10) NFS: Most Wanted
11) Splinter Cell

I also have Return to Castle Wolfenstein as well as Half Life (original). I could throw those in as well. I loved RTCW. He has a lot of catching up to do:laugh:.

No multiplayer for the time being.

I added NFS: MW because racing games are great pick up and play fun, and I think would run great on the 7600GT. Plus I will strongly recommend a wired Xbox 360 controller (I'll bring mine over so he can check it out). Any other racing games that would play/look good with that controller? I know someone said GRID, but I'm concerned about frame rates. I was also considering recomending another strategy game option (space-based? or maybe RON?).