NAFTA Strikes Back, Mexican workers manage to be overpaid 400% -Forbes

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ReiAyanami
http://www.forbes.com/2003/06/06/cz_kd_0606mexico.html

sure it sucks to "lose your job to NAFTA" but in the capitalist free economy thats the way it is, and if your job could be done by somebody elsewhere for a fraction of the cost, then you needed to find a new line of work anyway

I'm sure if you were the one that lost your job to someone overseas you'd be singing a different tune. This isn't a "free" economy. Their are many restrictions and laws.

jjones

Lifer
Oct 9, 2001
I don't understand the title of this thread or your comments. NAFTA is quickly on its way to becoming obsolete as Mexico continues to bog down in its ever-present beaurocratic morass and manufacturing slips away to China.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: jjones
I don't understand the title of this thread or your comments. NAFTA is quickly on its way to becoming obsolete as Mexico continues to bog down in its ever-present beaurocratic morass and manufacturing slips away to China.

then the mexicans will lose out.

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
those who feel they've lost their job to nafta, probably have stuff that's 90% made in 3rd world countries. capitalism, lowest bidder wins

it was funny for the last few weeks in cali, US power suppliers wanted a court order to halt cali from importing electricity from mexico just across the border because electricy here is way overpriced. fortunately the judge had commen sense and refused.