Nader says he won't run in '04

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
I proved it about a thousand times in a thousand threads, and gave up doing it more. The recounts that were conducted just resubmitted their previous totals. The consortium recount showed that Gore got the most votes statewide of legal ballots, but the info was intentionally hidden by saying Bush won in this type and that type of count. The count he lost was the total legal fote count of all counties. Gore got the majority of actual legal votes. Try Google 'Gore won' and see if Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting comes up.

here ya go Moonie, read this too

Genesys

Golden Member
Nov 10, 2003
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: alchemize
I proved it about a thousand times in a thousand threads, and gave up doing it more. The recounts that were conducted just resubmitted their previous totals. The consortium recount showed that Gore got the most votes statewide of legal ballots, but the info was intentionally hidden by saying Bush won in this type and that type of count. The count he lost was the total legal fote count of all counties. Gore got the majority of actual legal votes. Try Google 'Gore won' and see if Fairness and Accuracy in Reporting comes up.
And yet...not from one legitimate news source. Amazing.

Everybody knows by now that GW Sr & family bought the Election for Jr. Money is the ultimate power.

rolleye.gif

go take a break, get out in the sun, and take a break form your conspiracy theories for a while

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The most striking aspect of the Florida recounts was the efforts by repubs to thwart/limit/delay recounts, their utter zeal for winning by any means possible, and their post hoc derision of opponent voters as "Stupid".

The uncounted overvotes are a striking example of the win by any means philosophy. From Moonbeam's post-

Many of the overvotes involved, for example, a voter punching the hole next to a candidate's name, and then writing in the same candidate's name.

Or the whole West Palm Beach ballot debacle-

article

This being my favorite part-

"You look at ballots where people voted straight Democratic tickets, except that they voted for Pat Buchanan, and that tells you something is wrong,"

The Repugs' attitude doesn't help, either, validating the repugnican moniker-

Gloating Derision

So we're left with an Admin that won by the hair of their chinny-chin-chin by misrepresenting their intentions and now exercise authority in autocratic style thanks to hysterical fearmongering about a national tragedy. They've mistaken that rally round the flag sentiment after 9/11 as an endorsement of their radical agenda- nothing is further from the truth.

As for Nader, all I can say is get out of the way, you're interfering with a regime change right here at home, courtesy of the American Voters...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
First time I've seen the butterfly ballot Jhhnn. What a F8cking crime. Second candidate gets second hole as anybody with a brain would know. So sad, and we got a dunce in office.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

Yet you never took me and many other's up on offers to create a thread where you could lay out your case and us ours. You just continue to say you "proved" something which you most definitely did not. Legal ballots only include those ballots which meet the election laws that existed at the time the vote was cast.

If you think the laws concerning the counting of ballots is wrong - get them changed the right way - ie through the body of gov't that makes law;)

Although it's funny - I have plenty of links(that still work;)) that try to support your argument and were posted by people who share your position. I also have plenty of links to information and LAW that refute the accusations brought up by "the people who have yet to get over it".:)

I wonder if more "Independents" will support Nader if he doesn't run as a "Green" and tries it as an "Independent". Should be interesting to see if he jumps into the game when things get flowing. Maybe Susan Sarandon will support him again - that should help:)

CkG

Been there and done that about a thousand times. You've either been asleep or not a member yet.

No - you have not, you just have jumped into a thousand threads and spewed your little election2000 drivel and then ran when asked to start a thread specifically to debate it. I suggest you quit jumping into threads and taking them off on the 2000 tangent.

BTW - that law you think makes you "right" does not. Please start a new thread and we will show you exactly why things ended up the way they did by following the law.

Oh and about Buchanan:
Votes in Florida 2000 - 17,356
Votes in Florida 1996 - 162,713

Hmmm...

CkG