Mythos to be shut down October 27th, 2011. We hardly knew you.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Seriously...

We...

Hardly...

Knew...

You...

(The original, epic Mythos thread here...)

---
Dear MYTHOS community,

MYTHOS enjoyed great popularity with the launch in April and the numerous registered users ensured a good start. The desired long-term success unfortunately did not follow. Under these circumstances, we have made the difficult decision to discontinue the operation of MYTHOS.

For this reason, we will shut down the game servers and cease operation on 27/10/2011 at 12:00 CEST (11am UK).

We are very sorry to have to forward this message because the MYTHOS community was very lively.
Linky.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
I never did give this a spin back in the day. But it is always sad to see a game die.

On the upside Torchlight 2 is on the horizon.

Mar 10, 2005
Sad. It was fun, but now I'm glad I decided not to invest so many hours into it.

i don't understand your statement.

1. "invest" - where you expecting to be paid or something?

2. the time you spent playing the game (or doing anything else) will never be returned to you. you say it was enjoyable, but now that the game is dead, it wasn't?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

2. the time you spent playing the game (or doing anything else) will never be returned to you. you say it was enjoyable, but now that the game is dead, it wasn't?

I hate seeing these games close too. I'd like to see a model to continue them at low-cost maintenance more.

'invest' means putting a lot of time to get to higher levels, better gear. Every MMO I know needs a lot of hours to do that.

I agree with you when people say that about selling accounts, but not here.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010

...is this question for real? :confused:

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001

Google: define invest
---
"2. Devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result."
---

Having the servers shut down and your characters evaporate is generally not considered a worthwhile result for a persistent world.

Arg Clin

Oct 24, 2010
I wish more studios would put ressources into making good singlerplayer story driven rpg's instead of these kamikazi attacks on the WoW market.

I don't think neither the studios nor the gamers are better off as it is.

...not that I have anything against Mythos, never played it. Just a general comment on another case of a "WoW competitor" going down.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Damn, I just uninstalled it a few days ago. I played it for a few days after it opened up, and never went back.

Skott

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2005
Never tried Mythos myself. Never paid it much attention to be honest. The MMO market is pretty saturated if you ask me. I have to agree with Arg Clin. I'd rather see a company put their resources into making a good single player game rather than a MMO. But that's just how I feel.