My Windows 10 PC doesn't "see" a video stored in my iPhone XR

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
Connected phone to PC, tapped "trust this device", then browsed the phone's storage and I can see every picture and video taken save this one. Which is 2 hours long and 4K. How can I get my PC to see the video so I can copy it to an external Hard drive?

Iznougoud

Feb 17, 2020
You've probably checked this already, but bear with me:

Unless the file haven't been moved somewhere else on the phone for some odd reason (i.e. a directory which isn't accessible to your PC) I would look into file permissions and video container/file type (although Windows should list even "unknown" file types in most cases). It would however seem unlikely that this one media file should turn out to be different from all the others in either regard.

Other than that, some setting in Windows or iOS limiting file size perhaps?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Maybe the network filesystem used, doesn't support file sizes that large, so it gets filtered out.

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Make sure you dont have optimize photos turned on, this sends stuff to your icloud but is transparent to you.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I have problems moving very large video files from iPhone to Win 10 and have resorted to saving the files to an SD card and transferring them that way.