My sweet and smoky butt (18+ only)

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Can't have a bunch of children salivating at pictures of my butt.

These bad boys should be ready for a late-ish lunch. Only problem is we're going out fishing on the boat tonight, so can't stuff myself on pork. Don't get seasick, but don't need a belly full of pork to challenge that notion.

123.jpg

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Also highly inappropriate and offensive to vegans. :colbert:

Is your butt rubbed?

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Looks good, the wife says she is going to pick one up to plop on the Weber the next trip to the store after I showed her the pics.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

What did you inject it with ?

Last edited:

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
Looks good, the wife says she is going to pick one up to plop on the Weber next trip to the store.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

What did you inject it with ?

mix of apple juice, white sugar, table salt, and worcestirshire sauce

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Brown sugar, white sugar, kosher salt, garlic salt, paprika, cayenne, chili powder, black pepper, oregano, cumin.

Maybe a few others. Don't recall while not at home.

you listed most of if not all my favourite spices.

Harrod

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2010
I've been meaning to do another butt on my smoker, but I just looked at the forecast, and it's supposed to rain everyday next week except the day some Jewish people are coming to look at my house.

NetWareHead

THAT guy
Aug 10, 2002
mix of apple juice, white sugar, table salt, and worcestirshire sauce

I also make pulled pork and have been scouring the stores lately looking for sales on boston butts and picnic shoulders. I freeze them and when I have enough, I fire up the smoker and do them all at once. Usually I do 2-5 pieces at once, separate the meat when finished and vacuum seal them into 1 pound portions of cooked meat.

Do you see a real benefit to injecting? Shoulders are so juicy and let go of so much fat while cooking, you REALLY have to screw up to ruin a pork shoulder or dry it out. I dont inject shoulders but am open to the idea... Meat looks great! What kind of smoker do you use?