"My strongest trials now are past."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
All of life is a trial. You can never declare that you've seen the strongest trial, for you cannot foreshadow that which has not yet revealed itself.

Rogodin2

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
For those of you that propose that you cannot know that you've moved beyond the most difficult trial I have one question.

Did the soldiers that survived Somme ever have to move through anything like that again?

Generalization and false logic are primary attributes of this forum so I've no qualms about posting such an uncircumscribed question.

Somme, Canadian troops.

Rogo

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: JoeyM
You think your greatest trials are past? Wait until you get cancer. Or any of a million other things that are likely to happen in your future.

Yep ... watch those famous last words OP, they can really turn around & bite you in the ass!

Born2bwire

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Rogodin2
For those of you that propose that you cannot know that you've moved beyond the most difficult trial I have one question.

Did the soldiers that survived Somme ever have to move through anything like that again?

Somme, Canadian troops.

Rogo

Of course they did. They had to go back to Canada after the war was over. Poor bastards.

jandrews

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2007
Rogo, you still need to get past the trial of realizing that anyone who signs their posts when people can see their name in their handle is an idiot, you have a long road left sir.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
My Grandfather is 89 and fighting kidney failure and CHF at the same time.

I don't think at 27 I can come close to saying I've pasted my "strongest trials"

Just my opinion of course...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Rogo, everytime I think I'm through the trials, life brings me up on NEW charges...