My sons first day of school!!!

KDOG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I'll admit it I was a wreck putting him on that little bus. Hes' 3yrs old and in a handicapped preschool program(Hes mostly deaf and very nearsighted). He got home around 12:30 today. The bus driver probably thought we were nuts. A bunch of us standing out there with balloons and bubbles, taking pictures and the such. I was so happy to see him! Ok I know its mushy, but I'm dad so I'm allowed!!! The sent home a note saying he was a very happy kid, had lots of fun, and liked eating cupcakes and pretzels. Am I just weird for telling you all this?

YAY !

I know what that feels like :)
The first day for my little guy was one of the happiest days for me :D

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< Ok I know its mushy, but I'm dad so I'm allowed!!! >>

When it's your kids, there is no such thing as shame. :D I'm sure I'll be the same way. :)

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Those pics will be priceless someday.

So, how did you make out on the PCs for the school there?

Yeeny

Lifer
Feb 2, 2000
It is emotional when you put your child on the bus for the first time. I have gone through two of them, and next year my baby goes. I think I will really lose it that day.

Congrats, and good for you making it so special for him. It's a big day, and you should be proud of being the kind of father who does things like that for his son. :)

Schola

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
You schould be proud, and no you are not wierd for telling us. Glad he enjoyed his first day.

Schola

Doggiedog

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
My baby is 8 months old and I'm kind of nervous for him too already though he still has a couple years to go.

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
congrats! I'm still a long way from putting my own little guy on a bus, (dont know if it'll ever happen) but i bet it did feel weird seeing you own creation begin his day in the educational system. Im happy for you.......
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ariel

Aug 1, 2000
You are not wierd at all! I think it is very sweet that you made his first day so special. You sound like a terrific father to me. :) :) :)

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
i hardly remember my first day of school...just brief flashbacks...wow..14 years ago

KDOG

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
ORnery: We have to take care of some other things with my sons disabilities first.....he has some appointments $$$$$$. :(

Thanks guys. He goes back on Monday ... :(