My SCSI drive is a 2.1Gb drive, but Fdisk only see 1GB. Please help.

borealiss

Jun 23, 2000
i think you have to enable support for disks bigger than 1 gig on older computers in the scsi bios, if it has one. if your bios on you computer doesn't support disks bigger than 1 gig, i think you're outta luck. you can go with multiple partitions though. you must have an old motherboard. check for the latest bios release. i think this is it.

Sir Fredrick

Oct 14, 1999
You may need to do a low level format (should be an option in the card's BIOS).

Your motherboard's BIOS should be irrelevant since that would only control your IDE drives.

You might want to try partition magic if the LLF doesn't fix it, it's a very easy to use partitioning program. The only problem is, an old drive like that isn't hardly worth the cost of the partitioning software...but it's good to have anyway.

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
My MB will see drives as large as whatever I have. I got an Abit BX6 Rev. 2. I cannot partition it multiple b/c all it shows is 1Gb instead of the 2Gb. So the MB is not a problem. I wonder what else can it be?

jsbush

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2000
Ok, this drive was pulled out of a Novel server. I think there is a program on Seagates web site to low level format the hard drive, that would probably do the trick.

BTW: Sorry for this inconvinece.

Bad Dude

Diamond Member
Jan 25, 2000
Hi Jason,
Can you point the link out to me b/c I cannot seem to find it.
Thanks.

Zach

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
You might need to check the SCSI BIOS, and comparing the recognization of IDE drives to your SCSI drive wont work because they do use the seperate BIOS's for detecting drives.. also, do a low level format, it will be in your SCSI BIOS. Do it even if you get it fixed by other means, es bueno!