My resume has been replaced by 18 pages of asian text...

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Oh, trust me, it got backed up plenty. Thing is, the last time I edited it was December 14, 2004. And apparently Word did not save properly at that time - because the backups include an even-more-severely-damaged temp file of it. I just didn't notice.

Crap.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Whelp, I guess you were just owned by current technology, with some help by our friend William G.

Garion

Platinum Member
Apr 23, 2001
Assuming it's in Word, in the Open dialog box, go to "Files of Type" and choose "Recover Text from Any File" That'll probably get you the content back, you will just need to reformat.

- G

thestranger

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Garion
Assuming it's in Word, in the Open dialog box, go to "Files of Type" and choose "Recover Text from Any File" That'll probably get you the content back, you will just need to reformat.

- G

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Should have backed it up...

Also how much can you really have that a company would actually care about if you just got out of HS?

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Should have backed it up...

Also how much can you really have that a company would actually care about if you just got out of HS?

Heh. I don't actually USE it, I just keep it running for future reference purposes (though by the time I get to the internship stages, most of the crap on there right now will have scrolled right off the bottom of the page and into oblivion)

And theoretically, it WAS backed up properly. But an edit killed it and I never noticed. Now if I were to find the original Dec 2003 backup... Fat chance.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Garion

- G

Gives me the same mess as opening it normally. And to further make things annoying, opening it in a hex editor reveals that it's just 0's. So Word/etc. is just interpreting it as ASCII value 000000 repeated for the entire length of the file. There's no data whatsoever to be recovered. Bah.