My puter is teh fux. *UPDATE*

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
So I was pissed about bf2 and all of it's lag.

I started googling bf2 lag, and ended up here. I follow through the steps, all seemingly logical. Some FPS increase I think. But nothing that gets it over the "acceptible" level.

I installed the "tweaked" driver (step 7). The game ran without much difference. Then, pSSSSSSSSHHH *garbled screen* beerrb-beerb-berrrb-berrrrb-berrb... untill I turn it off.

Now my computer won't boot. :(

Well, it boots, and beeps. But no picture. It seems like it's getting through POST, but that's about it. I didn't have much time last night to take it apart, which is what I have planned for my evening.

Fvcking computers. They help us in everyway untill they break. Then they FSCK up everything.:|:(:|:(

Edit: So last night I started the routine. I pulled my video card out and it was covered in dust. (shame on me, I know) Well, not COVERED covered, but I took the pic/cover off and saw that the fins on the leading edge of the block to the GPU was clogged.

So I cleaned all that out. It booted and I watched it go through the POST. I had my knoppix cd in though, and it booted to the knoppix prompt. So I turn it off, AND IT DOESN"T COME BACK UP!! :|

Then I took evvvverything out, save the video card, and still nothing. I couldn't find the jumper to reset the BIOS, so I pulled the battery. That did the trick.

I put it all back together and played BF2 last night with suprisingly little laggies. :thumbsup:

So I recommend to those players with BF2 Lag, Clean out the heatsink on your video card!

I wish I had an air compressor, my whole case could use a good blast.

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Haha, you = teh pwnt, Wrong Forum, and you made a bad choice installing "tweaked" drivers.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
well that blows now doesn't it?

my system has been fine for too long - it's starting to scare me.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
ive used teh tweaksrus drivers plenty of time with no problems, as have many many more. might be the cuprit, but i doubt it.

Zanix

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: shimsham
ive used teh tweaksrus drivers plenty of time with no problems, as have many many more. might be the cuprit, but i doubt it.

Agreed, I don't think the drivers were really the problem.