Status
Not open for further replies.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Would Cut $500 BILLION OFF THE DEFICIT*

over 10 years

anyone else hate this tactic? as if the assholes running the country know what's going to happen in 10 years, and if you pretend there will be no other changes in law.

Agent11

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006
In congress they make those kinds of estimations all the time...

Or they used to back in 'ye olden days' when they actually passed budgets.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
My plan is to have everyone post here. After some predefined number of posts demonstrating partisan hackery or aggressive ignorance they are planted under a tree for fertilizer. This would save more than 500 billion dollars.

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
number one, it's not a reduction in the deficit, it's a reduction in the increase in the deficit. . . . and they can't control any more than two years down the road. . . . that's assuming congress can even put together a budget

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
this is why i just don't care anymore. one day all deficit will be forgiven and we'll start back from zero

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006

over 10 years

anyone else hate this tactic? as if the assholes running the country know what's going to happen in 10 years, and if you pretend there will be no other changes in law.
Exactly. Either it's "Let me borrow and spend a bunch of money now and I promise you that after I'm long gone it will pay off", or it's "Let me tax less now and I promise you that after I'm long gone it will pay off." Two different versions of "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001

over 10 years

[typical American] I have no interest in cutting the deficit. Please tell me about more free things you can provide. [/typical American]

Status
Not open for further replies.