My personal web space

CorCentral

Banned
Feb 11, 2001
I use a WSFTP program and have a question.

I recently moved to TN from FL and switched providers. They each give me web space to store files or make a web page but here at this ISP, but I cannot have it set up how I used to in FL. I want all my files displayed and indexed on one page like I used to have:
HERE

The closest I can get with this Provider is to actually type the whole URL of the link like this, there is no way I can get it like the URL above, that's what Support told me: HERE

I want to know if there's an "EASY/FAST" web hosting site out there that I can setup like the first link. Where I can move all my files to one folder, type in a URL and view all of them at once.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheetah8799

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2001
The old site had the web server setup to allow index viewing of a folder. The new host does not allow this. It's for security reasons since some coders put in files they really don't want end-users to see, even though they are there. You may try asking the new host to allow index viewing of the folders in your new site.

Your best bet though is to write a PHP script that will display a list of all files in the directory. It's not hard to do, you might even find one somewhere to just stick into your site folder.