My PC just doesn't get power

eni124

Apr 6, 2018
HI!

My computer just one day lost power, it worked completely fine a couple hours before. This has happened twice. The first time the motherboard was dead, this time i haven't checked yet, because i just got custom watercooling.

Both times the computer was sleeping. Ive had my computer on sleep for multiple days in a row earlier, and it didn't die then.

There are no lights on the MB at all. The computer doesn't turn on either.

Yes, i have checked if the wall power is working. No the watercooling hasn't leaked.

The psu works fine with the watercooling filling thing on the 24pin, as used in the picture.

Haven't found any other similar cases where it has happened twice after a new motherboard.

I am wondering if there is a specific reason for the computer just dying.

I already posted this on the Linus tech tips forums, but no help to get there (https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/899733-my-pc-just-doesnt-get-power/)

Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus AX370-Gaming 5

AMD Ryzen 1800x

RX Vega 64

Corsair HX1000i

Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 3200MHz

Samsung 850 Pro 512GB

Seagate SSHD 1TB

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass with RGB strip

Custom watercooling from EKWB with monoblock, graphics block, reservoir, 1x360mm slim radiator, 1x240mm slip radiator, 5 Vardar fans, soft tubing and a bunch of fittings.

Thanks in advance!
f499c7c5af697c1c2d71e3278720e17a.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
Probably a faulty power supply. It may be able to put out enough power for the loop, but I don't think that necessarily means it isn't damaged. Do you have a PSU tester or spare PSU? That would help to rule it out, at least.

eni124

Apr 6, 2018
Probably a faulty power supply. It may be able to put out enough power for the loop, but I don't think that necessarily means it isn't damaged. Do you have a PSU tester or spare PSU? That would help to rule it out, at least.
Thanks! I have a spare hx850i, would probably work, but last time it broke the psu was working completely fine, but I'll try when I get home

eni124

Apr 6, 2018
I tried it! Didn't work, same problem! I. Figured that I should send the mb back to the shop, but I still want to find the reason for this happening, since it has happened twice, any ideas?

techmanc

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2006
check the wires connecting the power supply to the motherboard I could be causing your problem!

eni124

Apr 6, 2018
check the wires connecting the power supply to the motherboard I could be causing your problem!
Thanks! I've done so, and used the psu in another computer, and it worked, but changing cables doesn't help. It has to be the motherboard, but I don't know the reason I'll take it out of the computer to RMA.