My old Geforce finally went down, or did it? need advice plz

Ewald

Sep 14, 2001
I had a strange occurance yesterday, while using my pc.

Suddently it looked like my brightness was turned slightly down on my screen, odd i thought, but turned it up a bit.
Colors was all bright now, yet it seemed blurred. All windows and objects seems like they have shades reaching one side of screen to the other. Well i thought windows was just messing up, but found that it looked the same way in my bios setup.

I tried switching screen as well, wasnt the problem either. So i came down to the conclussion that my Asus v6600 Geforce had went down for good.

Anyone have the slightest idea what this could be, or if it's not even my video card being the problem?
I could need some advice before i go buy a new videocard (if it IS indeed my old card is gone for good)

-Thanks for your time

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Although it could be many things, it sounds like your monitor. Anyways, try updating your drivers and reseating the card:confused:

Ewald

Sep 14, 2001
I know my problem description seem a bit vague, but problem goes like:

It seems like a blurred layer have ben inserted in front of my screen, all colors are "neon like" and dark objects draw shades accross the entier screen.

I don't believe this to be a driver or windows setup issue as my display problems are the same in for instance bios setup. Furthermore the card have been runnign perfectly last year or so and all but suddent i had theese problems (not even after booting)

I tried switching monitor - same effect
I tried removing card from AGP slot and let it re-detect - same effect

I'm starting to wonder if this could possible be a MB issue, broken AGP slot or something?

Any help are appriciated

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
The next thing to try of course would be another card to eliminate other devices from the suspected list.
I feel your pain, I lost an Asus 6800 DDR several months back. I was playing CS and suddenly in the center of the screen about a third of the size, appeared a snowy square, everthing outside it looked ok, but when I backed out of the game, my Windows desktop was corrupted as well.