My nose is pissing me off.

Rip the Jacker

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
I don't think I've ever had this happen to me but for the past month or so it's just been stuffed .. I think I have allergies... when I wake up its stuffed, blow my nose it's good for an hour or two then gets stuffed again... what can I do?

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Welcome to my world! My nose is always stuffed. Almost at all time, one nostril or the other will be stuffed... and oftentimes, even both of them.

imported_Imp

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2005
Welcome to my winters... worst part is when you have the heat on, the humdifier is down and you gotta breath through your mouth. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night choking cause my throat's so dry.

esun

Platinum Member
Nov 12, 2001
I agree with those that recommend spicy foods. Delicious, and will clear your nose up like nothing else.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Hot shower will usually help clear things up. You can try OTC allergy stuff but you really don't want to rely on the stuff that has a decongestant in it for long-term relief. Try the stuff w/o a decongestant (claritin and not claritin-d, for example) and see if that helps, though.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I used to have the same problem accompanied by recurring sinus infections ... I had sinus surgery about 12 years ago which helped some & I also use a perscription steroid nasel spray called Nasonex when it gets bad.