hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
i have been using generic mouse since 2012 now wanna buy new one ONLY for battlefield 3 i have 2 choices logitecg g102 or g300s please suggest thnx mainly for fps gaming thnx

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
i have been using generic mouse since 2012 now wanna buy new one ONLY for battlefield 3 i have 2 choices logitecg g102 or g300s please suggest thnx mainly for fps gaming thnx
I love simplicity of my 102. It also has wider dpi range, so it will be handy if you like using scope a lot.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
I love simplicity of my 102. It also has wider dpi range, so it will be handy if you like using scope a lot.
thanks i will buy but will it be good for battlfld 3 as u know currently cant kill enemy you know sudden reaction not good with my current mice

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
if you have problems with sudden reaction, it's very likely due to you using a mouse sensitivity too high. also, please, make sure you are using a mousemat. there's some excellent, cheap, XL mousemats on amazon you can buy.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
if you have problems with sudden reaction, it's very likely due to you using a mouse sensitivity too high. also, please, make sure you are using a mousemat. there's some excellent, cheap, XL mousemats on amazon you can buy.
sir when enemy suddenly comes in front my mouse gets slow it feels

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
too high or too low sensitivity?

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
ok, if your mouse gets slow when an enemy comes into view, that can only be hardware lags - the fact that the enemy model is now in sight means your PC has to drawn more info and process more info. It could be anything from not enough ram to bad video card to insufficient CPU. try lowering various visual settings and see if the problem disappears. (generally, it's nice to get rid of all the enhancements, like Screendoor Fade, Depth Of Field, Godrays, all those DX10/11/12 stuff)

Reactions: lakedude

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
ok, if your mouse gets slow when an enemy comes into view, that can only be hardware lags - the fact that the enemy model is now in sight means your PC has to drawn more info and process more info. It could be anything from not enough ram to bad video card to insufficient CPU. try lowering various visual settings and see if the problem disappears. (generally, it's nice to get rid of all the enhancements, like Screendoor Fade, Depth Of Field, Godrays, all those DX10/11/12 stuff)
my specs:
i5 2500k asus gtx770 16gb ram and i am going with logitecg g90 which dpi should i use with battlefield 3 thanks

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
right, i dont think the culprit is any of those, BUT you could still trying a generic lowering of the video detail to see if it solves the problem. if it doesn't (and looks like it probably won't) you will need to ask directly on the BF3 forums because there's got to be something else going on. it's not likely but it *could* be SetPoint if you have that installed, as it's known that Logitech drivers sometimes have massive compatibility issues.

DPI is a multiplier, the effect is hard to describe unless we go into technical detail. Generally, high DPI values are mostly a marketing tactic.

in any game, you will have a setting which is "mouse sensitivity" (it could be named in other ways, such as "mouse speed"). this value, multiplied by your mouse DPI, determines how fast your mouse moves onscreen.
As someone who's basically done nothing but play FPS games for the last 10 years, i see that in many, many cases of people being less-than-pro at their game of choice, is that they use waaay too fast a mouse sens.

Instead of calculating the value of this setting, simply move your mouse in a straight line from left->right and see how many centimeters it needs to move to completely spin around your view in game. most pro player will be anywhere between 20cm and 30cm.

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
right, i dont think the culprit is any of those, BUT you could still trying a generic lowering of the video detail to see if it solves the problem. if it doesn't (and looks like it probably won't) you will need to ask directly on the BF3 forums because there's got to be something else going on. it's not likely but it *could* be SetPoint if you have that installed, as it's known that Logitech drivers sometimes have massive compatibility issues.

DPI is a multiplier, the effect is hard to describe unless we go into technical detail. Generally, high DPI values are mostly a marketing tactic.

in any game, you will have a setting which is "mouse sensitivity" (it could be named in other ways, such as "mouse speed"). this value, multiplied by your mouse DPI, determines how fast your mouse moves onscreen.
As someone who's basically done nothing but play FPS games for the last 10 years, i see that in many, many cases of people being less-than-pro at their game of choice, is that they use waaay too fast a mouse sens.

Instead of calculating the value of this setting, simply move your mouse in a straight line from left->right and see how many centimeters it needs to move to completely spin around your view in game. most pro player will be anywhere between 20cm and 30cm.
thanks a lot for this comprehensive reply i will check when my g90 arrives thanks

ao_ika_red

Golden Member
Aug 11, 2016
ok so got g90 but returned it it lagged while in scope in game so which one to buy g102 or g402 g102 has 6000dpi while g102 has 6000 and i have big hand right handed
G102 has 8000dpi once you update its firmware through Logitech Gaming Software.