My new Cub Cadet lawn tractor arrived today!

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
My new XT1 Enduro Series LT 42 arrived today and man is it pretty sweet. Unboxing it from the crate was a little tough by myself but I managed. After that I spent around 45 minutes assembling it so not to bad. Then of course I had to try it out so I checked the oil, filled the tank, and mowed the grass.
WOW what a time saver! Before with our Toro push mower it was a 2-3 hour endeavour just mowing then I had to trim and blow but with the new tractor I had the mowing done in about 45 minutes! This thing is really awesome and cuts nice to.
I've got some attachments in mind like a dump trailer but for now I'm just happy with the time saved on mowing.

Anyway I was just exited so I wanted to share. Here's a pic of it nestled in the garage after I got done.
RBcRn8u.jpg

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
nice. I have a older cub and its great. a 1641 from about 1995. I do have the new plastic cub cadet cart with the fold down sides and really like it. very tough, stores nice against a wall and you can use it as a flat bed for stuff, we did some fencing and used it for lumber.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Thanks guys! Good info to know about the Cub Cadet cart. I was looking at that one but the price tag is a little steep. Maybe I'll wait until the end of summer and see if it goes on sale.

Nice!

But is that parked behind the wife's minivan ? :eek:
Nah hehe. That is the rear on the new '14 Acadia we just purchased. It was late last night when I got done mowing and I didn't feel like moving it.
Here's a pic I took this morning after I moved it to the front. New car and a new tractor. Woohoo! haha
6JjtEF7.jpg

Micrornd

Golden Member
Mar 2, 2013
So instead of backing over it, she can just run into it :eek:

It needs it's own house ;)

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
So instead of backing over it, she can just run into it :eek:

It needs it's own house ;)
I know...I know....sigh..:) It's in the pipeline to purchase a shed to house all the outdoor equipment and garden decor in we just haven't found the right one yet. In the mean time I have to trust her ability to not run into a bright yellow tractor parked in the garage.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Nice mower. Good luck with it. Was looking at the EFI version of that. Older gent comes up behind me and starts a conversation....with something to the effect that "Too bad it's pretty....it won't last." CC has something of a reputation of not being too reliable.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
Nice mower. Good luck with it. Was looking at the EFI version of that. Older gent comes up behind me and starts a conversation....with something to the effect that "Too bad it's pretty....it won't last." CC has something of a reputation of not being too reliable.
Yeah I read a a lot of the consumer reviews and saw the low marks on reliability surrounding CC. From what I can tell a lot of it revolves around consumers expectations of this "tractor". Towing over the recommended load, mowing uneven or hilly terrain, and improper use of the hydrostat transmission will always lead to early failure.

I grew up driving real tractors. The first tractor I ever drove was a JD 2040 then a sweet Massey Ferguson. I loved that Massey....could have killed pops when he traded it in but anyway that's another story.
I currently own a New Holland TC40D with the 17LA arm attachment for the big jobs I need done.

I guess my point is I've been around big and little equipment my whole life. Proper operation, maintenance, and most importantly KNOWING THE LIMITATIONS of your equipment goes a long way toward the longevity of them.

Most home owners don't know or understand the limitations of their equipment and when they push past those limitations something breaks. So who do they blame when it breaks themselves or CC? They always blame someone else. Always.

Last edited:
Reactions: herm0016

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
[QUOTE="bbhaag, post: 39841317, member: 295388"

I grew up driving real tractors. The first tractor I ever drove was a JD 2040 then a sweet Massey Ferguson. I loved that Massey....could have killed pops when he traded it in but anyway that's another story.
I currently own a New Holland TC40D with the 17LA arm attachment for the big jobs I need done.

I guess my point is I've been around big and little equipment my whole life. Proper operation, maintenance, and most importantly KNOWING THE LIMITATIONS of your equipment goes a long way toward the longevity of them.
[/QUOTE]

Well said. I recently bought an allis Chalmers 5020 with a loader on it for our larger jobs. Should last me nearly a lifetime. The smaller lawn tractors will last a long time mowing flat ground if they are maintained. Along with our CC 1641 from 1995 it makes a good combo.

Last edited:

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012

Well they are owned by MTD, which has always kept me away.