My Mouse is Randomly Double-Clicking, and it's Driving Me Crazy!!

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I wonder if anyone else has ever had this problem, or has some insight. My Logitech G7 laser mouse has recently started acting up by occasionally double-clicking when I only single-click. I'd say it happens about every 20 mouse-clicks or so.

Some details:
The feel I get is that it's software related, not hardware. The mouse button itself doesn't feel "sticky" or "mushy" or anything; when I single-click it it FEELS just like it should.

Once it improperly double-clicks, the double-click functionality remains in place for the next 2 or 3 clicks. For example, you know how if you double-click the blue bar that runs across the top of windows the window will maximize? Well, sometimes I will single-click on the blue bar in order to drag the window to a different part of the screen, but a double-click will apparently register and the window will maximize. Then when I single-click on the blue bar again, the window will resize, as if I had double-clicked again. For the next 1 or 2 single-clicks, a double-click will actually register, then after that the mouse is back to normal and a single-click registers as a single-click.

This problem is driving me nuts! I've tried all the obvious things, like moving the wireless receiver around, resetting it, changing the battery, etc., to no avail. Oh, this problem just started this week, after a year of flawless operation. Any advice?

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
That is indeed wierd. Before calling "Ghost Busters" I would go into Control Panel and change all the mouse settings, and then change them back to what you like.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
Thanks for the advice. I changed all settings, hit apply, and changed all back. I'll report later how performance is.

jondl

Aug 16, 2005
Try changing the double-click speed in your mouse settings. If that doesn't work, install a difference version of the setpoint software. And if all else fails, call a priest. :)

erikistired

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2000
or check to see if some new device is in the area that might be interfering with the wireless signal, which is probably more likely than a ghost.