My list of mankind's future achievements

Maximum7

Sep 30, 2017
I am doing a project on what mankind's greatest future achievement milestones are.

Here's what I've come up with so far.

-First man on Mars

-First fusion reactor

-Space elevator

-True artificial intelligence

-Faster than light communications

-Faster than light travel

I have 6 so far. Can someone give me 9 more ideas so I can have 15? I'm totally stumped. I'm thinking their are many obscure or not thought about accomplishments out their.

tynopik

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2004
environmental, medical, social issues, those are always popular

saved great barrier reef
cured alzheimers (don't say 'cancer')
lifted 90% of world's population out of poverty
found a way to keep spammers from joining AT forums (ok, so that one's not realistic, but we can dream . . .)

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
OP's future achievements are a C- on his shitty project and a job at Jiffylube.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Your 3 other achievements will have to come before the true artificial intelligence. It's impossible to predict anything after that. I suppose you can't really tell when they occur though. Anyway...

How about: Cure Alzheimer's (stole from tynopik), first city on the Moon or Mars, average lifespan reaching 100.

Nov 20, 2009
Sure, but even your farts have mass. So, that mass going faster than light must have a lot of kinetic energy that could be used in an anal whistle generator. You fart and in the process a whistle his heard as your butt generator makes power.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Sure, but even your farts have mass. So, that mass going faster than light must have a lot of kinetic energy that could be used in an anal whistle generator. You fart and in the process a whistle his heard as your butt generator makes power.

If your farts have mass they can't go faster than light. A Mexican food with onions fart traveling at .999c has far more destructive power than an ordinary fart at the speed of light. And that's what we're talking about here, weaponized farts. It's not speed, it's max payload that's important.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Meh, being cynical I believe our future achievements will be the same ones as looking back hundreds of years after we blow ourselves to bits and those who remain alive will have to rediscover the steam engine, water mills, animal husbandry, etc. Sure, these aren't things we've forgotten but how many of us can honestly say they can do those things.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
The invention of truly lifelike anatomically correct artificial women will be mankind's last invention, the rest will be up to womankind.