My Intern is 37

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Or almost as bad are the people who are that old and have been using computers for years. But they've been using the exact same computer for years and think everything works how it did 15 years ago...

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Or you could consider the guy has been around the block more than you and stop acting like a know-it-all 22 year old.

Just because he's been circling the same damn block for 37 years doesn't mean he knows anything worth a damn.

HyTekJosh

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
When I was interning at 18-19 I was managing people 2-3 times my age. I am not a normal person for my age in terms of experience. However, you quickly learn that its all about respect, camaraderie, and coaching others.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
look at him as a 37-year old colleague instead of a 37-year old intern and see if that helps change your perspective.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
You don't intern for a 'help desk' gig. Your co-workers are correct that you should be the 'intern' though.

redly

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2004
Originally posted by: effowe
What exactly are you going to be teaching him?

"you put the filter in here...and then put 2 and 1/2 scoops in there. Shut the lid and press the button"

"when I clap, you are to bring me a cup filled to the top"

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: redly
Originally posted by: effowe
What exactly are you going to be teaching him?

"you put the filter in here...and then put 2 and 1/2 scoops in there. Shut the lid and press the button"

"when I clap, you are to bring me a cup filled to the top"

Haha!

Oct 20, 2005
Why even bother posting this? Are you trying to brag? Make yourself feel important?

Here's something you should learn now: Get over yourself.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
OP, you know sh!t happens in life. Just make the best of it.

Geezers, your time has passed. These days, nobody gives a damn about "respecting your elders". Everyone pretty much agrees and believes in the fantasy reality where only young people are cool, hip, etc. You can't fix it so don't mix it up like Koolaid. Just drink that sh!t.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
Originally posted by: Modelworks
Or you could consider the guy has been around the block more than you and stop acting like a know-it-all 22 year old.

Just because he's been circling the same damn block for 37 years doesn't mean he knows anything worth a damn.

Maybe not.
BUt there are certain things you can only learn with age and can't be taught from a book.