My horse was pictured on front page of small town paper

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
VERY Large picture -- Rubiano's Flag
He's the one with the blue reins + yellow nose band. Running June 30th at a small track in AZ - its like the bush league for horses and jockeys which is why so few horses and they look like they are kinda scrunched together. This is probably the greatest pic I've ever had taken of my horse running like this (usually just get one if he wins crossing the finish line). It came about because news was out covering the race and the photo appeared on the front page. Soon as I saw the nose stripe i knew it was him - emailed the photog and he sent me it :D

Just wanted to brag and show off what I consider a pretty cool picture of the power and majesty of these horses and the jockeys riding them. Unfortunately he lost the race :( but hes a great horse all the same

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
They're beautiful animals. I actually just watched Barboro on HBO and saw how even a horse could be such an icon in America.

What exactly do you mean by *MY* ?

Drakkon

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Regs
Well the astericks are there because its my dads but its all in the family and i help take care of him :)

How much do you get paid to let the jockeys use your horse?
Your question makes no sense. The horses race for a pool of money. The jockey depending on where the horse finishes does gets a cut of that money and we get another cut based off the horse's finish. We don't get paid anything by the jockeys for letting the jockeys use the horse.

RollWave

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Man that is so cool. One of the Docs in my friends lab has a few race horses. Amazing animals they are. Cool pic :thumbsup:

bctbct

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Regs
They're beautiful animals. I actually just watched Barboro on HBO and saw how even a horse could be such an icon in America.

That was a great show on Barbaro.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
I like how the horse on the right has those white socks with colored stripes like people used to wear in the 1970's.