My High School Supports Piracy

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
rolleye.gif
they couldn't even find a good copy of it :p

bonk102

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
not sure how legal this is, and i'm def. not sure if they should be donig it, but i'm sure that the "proper authorities" would be looking forward to hearing this

MacGaven

Golden Member
Dec 5, 2002
Originally posted by: Dezign
In addition, it's already been settled via PM with the original poster. So you can go back to your normal life, now.

You've already tainted your company/business by making this information public and by saying you are respresentive of legal action or any action against the OP and his school.

Looney

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Nobody's "going after the school." A phone call was all I thought would be appropriate in this case... a warning/heads up, i.e. it might be wise not to show/use pirated material anymore. At the very least, it sets a bad example for the kids.

Trust me, the kids know more about pirating than the teachers ever will. I really don't see why a school and teacher should get in trouble for something so minor. Like i said, i think mp3 pirating is a much bigger problem than this. The school would have eventually received rights to show the film anyway.

As for anyone who pirates MP3's, if they get caught, fine, they'll pay the price. The people I know (not necessarily the bboys, most of whom don't even have a computer... living in the ghetto, often you're not that priviledged) usually go out and buy the CD after downloading an MP3, so no, I don't agree that those who went out and bought a CD after sampling the wares deserve to "suffer some repurcussions as well" for what they did. Thoughts?

Stealing is stealing. If they were 'sampling' the wares, there are other avenues for those. Including CDNow and the radio. Whatever the reasons for downloading mp3s, it's all illegal in the eyes of the RIAA.

I'm not against pirating. I'm all for it infact. But at least i'm not hypocritical about it.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: jaybert
if its takes any money out of michael moore's pockets I'm all for it. Maybe your school was protesting in their own way against that fat slob's idiocy. :)

BmXStuD

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2003
well that is a old movie seems like. But your school maybe couldnt buy it anywhere and the teacher whos warez king knew where to get it for education use ;0