My hero

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
"Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster"...epic LOL although she does look kinda nutty in the photo.
2E6C8FD900000578-0-image-a-13_1447451618855.jpg

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Various religions have some fairly interesting hats. At least this one has some practical value.

Last edited:

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Yep, another far-left nut state that let a loon have her way. God forbid that didn't happen. Maybe everyone should walk around naked and do crack too? Come to think of it, it happens in San Fran all the time. LOL

Sorry for ruining the party. You may go back to celebrating social stupidity and the crumbling of all things moral and right.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
Yep, another far-left nut state that let a loon have her way. God forbid that didn't happen. Maybe everyone should walk around naked and do crack too? Come to think of it, it happens in San Fran all the time. LOL

Sorry for ruining the party. You may go back to celebrating social stupidity and the crumbling of all things moral and right.

So we may infer that there is something immoral and wrong about wearing a pasta strainer on your head?

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
You know, not really. I could care less. It's just when will it end though? People wanting their boobs on camera or their pet rat, etc?

Feb 25, 2011
You know, not really. I could care less. It's just when will it end though? People wanting their boobs on camera or their pet rat, etc?

I think you're misunderstanding the other side.

The pastafarians are making fun of religion, but more importantly, they're making fun of how accommodating we are of certain religions, while ignoring others, and at our peril. By fighting for their right to wear a pasta strainer in an official photo (mocking religions with headgear... which I'm guessing yours isn't) they're pushing us to re-evaluate our habit of accommodating increasingly idiotic religious viewpoints.

Pastafarians don't want to wear a pasta strainer, they just want to live in a world where this doesn't happen.

o4rAMTj.jpg

The state needs to be secular, and it needs to have the spine to say, "no, fuck you" when somebody else wants it to not be.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
The state needs to be secular, and it needs to have the spine to say, "no, fuck you" when somebody else wants it to not be.

I'll thank you not to come into my threads and demonstrate an understanding of the essential point. Derails the whole exercise.

Feb 25, 2011
I'll thank you not to come into my threads and demonstrate an understanding of the essential point. Derails the whole exercise.

Terribly sorry.

*cough*

Something something... umm... persecutions... something something, war on... ummm... christmas?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

The pastafarians are making fun of religion, but more importantly, they're making fun of how accommodating we are of certain religions, while ignoring others, and at our peril. By fighting for their right to wear a pasta strainer in an official photo (mocking religions with headgear... which I'm guessing yours isn't) they're pushing us to re-evaluate our habit of accommodating increasingly idiotic religious viewpoints.

Pastafarians don't want to wear a pasta strainer, they just want to live in a world where this doesn't happen.

o4rAMTj.jpg

You clearly don't understand the Pastafarian religion.
It's only a coincidence that it looks like they're mocking other religions.

R'amen.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com

Speaking of stupidity, had you actually read the article in the OP,
a driver in Utah was able to wear a colander in her driver's license photo.

you wouldn't look so stupid in claiming this was merely another "far-left nut state."

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012

o4rAMTj.jpg

Ohhhhh... I see now.