My haul

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Hammer and Axe Collapsible Lantern was $14.99, on sale for $9.99, free after rebate
Ralph Lauren bed pillows (2) were$20 ea, on sale for $10 ea, free after rebate
Mohawk bath rug was $40, on sale for $10, free after rebate
Minnie Mouse plush toy was $30, on sale for $10, free after rebate
Men's graphic Tee was $20, on sale for $10, free after rebate
Men's long sleeve thermal henley, was $30, on sale for $10, free after rebate
Cultured pearl and silver stud earrings were $30, on sale for $10, free after rebate
Black and Decker handheld vacuum was $37.99, on sale for $19.99, $9.99 after rebate
Homedics Waterless Aroma Diffuser was $44.99, on sale for $19.99, $7.99 after rebate
Cuisinart hand blender was $39.99, on sale for $19.99, $7.99 after rebate
Bella 1.2 qt air fryer was $44.99, on sale for $19.99, $7.99 after rebate

So $373 in stuff for $34 after rebates (plus sales tax and some stamps for the sticklers.)

All from Macy's. Took less than an hour to get in, get them all and get home. Not techie stuff, but it works for me.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Nothing special here but I picked up 2 gsm samsung galaxy s7's for $135 each. Hopefully they work well.

I don't really buy stuff I don't need.

But I'm tempted by some of the speaker deals but 3 years ago I bought Pioneer BS-22's and they have been quite good for my desktop pc. Mostly I just think.. what will I do with my extra speakers if I get new ones.. can't get the money back from them.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Although being tempted by several tech items this year (Sennhesier HD1 Pink Floyd edition headphones, various PC components), but the only things I went for was a new safe from Dick's for $299, and a 15 month / 5 PC subscription to Norton Security for $20.

The NVMe drive prices were especially tempting, but after getting the 1TB Crucial MX500 for $130 back on Amazon Prime Day, I am good to go for a while. Now the real fun begins as we have figure out what to buy the kids this year (which gets increasingly tougher as they get older).

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
5TB Toshiba X300 HDD for $109, 1TB Samsung Evo 970 for $219, 200GB Sandisk MicroSD for $29, Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet for $99, a Red Devil RX580 for $189 with some freebies I planned on buying anyway...and a microwave for $89 (was ~40 off).

Kept an eye out for a larger 4K monitor but nothing really caught my eye.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I bought shoes! Which cost a lot more than I should have spent on shoes!

20181123_120614.jpg

They aren't so bright in real life and they go really well with my new suit!

Reactions: Pohemi

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Nice haul. For the first time in a long time i can't find anything i need to buy. Almost pulled the trigger a few times but didn't really need it. There's still Cyber Monday though! ;)

Dec 10, 2005
Like most years, I didn't really order much this year. Over yesterday and today, we picked up the following:

A Dell P2419HC monitor (24" IPS panel) for $150 from Newegg, seems to routinely sell ~$220
A dog bed - half price at PetCo (~$12.50)
A few books (extra 20% off at B&N for ≥$40 purchase)

Might jump on a Seamless deal too later - buy a gift card of $50 and get a $10, since we routinely use it anyway for takeout.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I only realised that it was black Friday after I'd been swearing at the traffic for a while and cursing the carparks for being full!

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
I only realised that it was black Friday after I'd been swearing at the traffic for a while and cursing the carparks for being full!

Bad mistake.

Reminds me of going to the recycling center two days after Thanksgiving one year. All the bins were so overflowing that I had to bring it all back home.

thebestMAX

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2000
Thinking of new speakers, dont really need them though. Maybe a new back up computer.

Did score a year of Hulu for only 99 cents a month. Deal is still on till Monday. again, didnt need it but couldnt turn it down at that price.

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I think that's retail price, but that's what happens when you realize that your toilet is broken on Thanksgiving and you want to fix it ASAP :)
I got a little luckier than that. I wasn't planning on buying anything at all this year, but then the microSD card in one of my phones decided to write-lock itself on Tday morning, and I woke up on Friday morning to hear what turned out to be my beloved, pre-floods Samsung F3 HD death-clicking from the next room... :( So I ended up getting one of Best Buy's usual BlackWeekend Sandisk microSD cards at a good price and a saved at least a few bucks on a $40 deal on a 1TB WD Blue retail drive at Micro Center...

Last edited:
Reactions: esquared

deakphreak

Future PLC Staff
Staff member
Nov 15, 2018
www.futureplc.com
A bit late, but I woke up on Thanksgiving morning to my wife saying our oven is making weird noises and won't turn off. I go in there to see it sparking and very hot. I cut the breaker and ended up buying a new stove.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Got all my rebates from the Macy's BF sale. So I now possess 11 $10 or $12 prepaid visa cards that need to be used by 7/2019. And each one had to be activated. A pain but it's free/cheap stuff and I'm all for that.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Any cubic MegaZero FDM printer w/ print wire, $135
Battlefoam PACK720 with foam trays $185
TV mount $50

Sort of black friday purchase - instead of upgrading my TV, I am using that money to put a small bar in my loft :cool:

No need to shop the day of with all the early online deals!

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
plus a worm compost tray kit for the wife
They say a diamond is a woman's "best friend", but sometimes that " best friend" is a tad different. :p

If I ever bought my wife a worm anything, I would simply get "the look". She won't even eat gummy worms because she thinks they look gross. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi and nisryus

nisryus

Sep 11, 2007
Thanks to the pandemy wife has been working in the garden. Instead of buying compost, she wants to start making it herself. Making this years Xmas gift for her especailly easy for me! :p

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Thanks to the pandemy wife has been working in the garden. Instead of buying compost, she wants to start making it herself. Making this years Xmas gift for her especailly easy for me! :p
I don't think I've ever bought compost, been making my own for over 40 years. Never bought worms. If I spade up my compost pile I will see all manner of worms, many rather large! Worms love organic matter. I keep a ~gallon container on my stove with a plastic bag shoved down in it so I never have to clean it out. Kitchen scraps are tossed in it including coffee grounds, egg shells, whatever produce gets trimmed off, etc. When full, it gets tossed on top of the compost pile. When I mow the lawn, trim trees, sweep leaf litter, etc. all that gets tossed on the compost pile. If the weather's dry, I'll hose it some to get it wet when I water my yard. The moisture promotes the decay that turns it into "compost." If it's not 100% decayed, no matter, I'll spade it into the ground and what's not decayed will decay in the ground over time. The soil here used to have a lot of clay in it. You could see large thick veins of reddish clay when you dug it up. I only see that now (rarely) if I dig to where I've never dug before. Clay soil isn't real good for growing things, but now my soil is pretty loose and "friable," fertile and I grow lots of vegetables, thanks to my spading in the compost I always have sitting in a large pile under a plum tree. That plum tree's always happy, too, what with the compost near its trunk and the fact that the pile is almost always somewhat damp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pohemi and nisryus