My grandfather died this morning.

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
He was 75 and he passed away this morning. He had chrnic emphazima, and a history of cancer (he had prostate cancer removed a few years ago). The past few years had been rough on him, he went from only needing oxygen when he slept, to be on the oxygen regulator 24/7. The past few weeks were very rough on him, to the point where he was only able to stay awake for 3 hours a day, and where everything, including walking to the bathroom completely knocked all the energy out of him. He was a fighter though, because a couple of years ago they said he would only live for a few more months, but has lived years since then. Even the live in nurses that started a few weeks ago said that he was determined to live. Originally he wanted to be put int Hospis and die there, but his last wish was to die at home in his own bed. This was hard for my grandmoth to accept, but my mother had to explain to her that as long as he knows what is going on, that she should honor his last wish. This is my first grandparent to die, so it is an odd feeling. I just needed to vent this out, because he truly was a very good grandfather, and I will have great memories of him for as long as I live. Always had an open ear, and told me to have fun, and pursue what I enjoyed.

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
I'm sorry for your loss.

May the memory of you Grandfather strengthen your life through out each of your days.