My girlfriend has a concussion and she lost consiousness!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Keego

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2000
I called my Mom, she said she should be fine but call ask a nurse if she doen't improve. My GF is pissed at me for freaking out! :eek:

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
I call shenanigans. What kind of idiot doesn't know to go to a doctor or hospital for a concussion?

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Keego
I called my Mom, she said she should be fine but call ask a nurse if she doen't improve. My GF is pissed at me for freaking out! :eek:

What, and MY suggestion wasn't good enough for you HUH????!!!
rolleye.gif

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
Because I don't know who to call!

You are a Idiot, take her to the hospital.

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Keego
Originally posted by: Joker81
she might start throwing up because I know i did when I was younger and had a concussion

She said she was nausious (SP?) so I am ready for that. should I keep a light on so she won't sleep? She's falling asleep as I'm writing this!
Head injuries really should not be taken lightly. You should take her to the ER and have it checked out.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: murphy55d
I call shenanigans. What kind of idiot doesn't know to go to a doctor or hospital for a concussion?

ive had a few never called anyone or gone to the hospitial

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
I'm going to assume from your post, that you and your girlfriend have an apartment together, because you haven't mentioned any parents or other friends.

Why don't you IM your online doctor.
rolleye.gif

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Anubis

Brilliant.

Smack your head, lose consciousness, and don't do anything about it? WTF.

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
I had a cuncussion before. Its not that big a deal guys. All that happened to me was I slept for a few hours and when I woke up I couldn't remember the events that lead up to me getting a cuncussion. Nothing too bad.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com

Brilliant.

i didnt loose consciousness

murphy55d

Lifer
Dec 26, 2000

Brilliant.

i didnt loose consciousness

Well the OP's girlfriend DID. that's what I was referring to.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
Best thing to do:

Post another message on more forums, that way you might get help ;)

rudeguy

Lifer
Dec 27, 2001
Keego, I never took you for an idiot before...but now I have my doubts.

This girl needs to get help. Who cares if nothing is wrong and you overreacted???? She passed out, is nauseous and wants to go to sleep. Get her to the ER or get used to saying, "But she seemed ok til the blood started streaming out of her orifices"

gunblade

Golden Member
Nov 18, 2002
"The classic concussion, which is the most severe form, occurs when the person loses consciousness for a brief period of time and has no memory of the event. Evaluation from a health-care provider should be performed as soon as possible after the injury. "

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I'd suggest posting the same question on Genmay and heeding their advice...

PowerMacG5

Diamond Member
Apr 14, 2002
I just want to know why you were wrestling and how she got into the position to hit her head on the bed frame? Something sounds fishy, maybe a domestic disturbance? I'm not one to point fingers in something like this, but I think some information has been left out that is very important. Whether or not you and your g/f had a heated argument or not, head injuries should be taken seriously.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Wtf? You don't want to go to the trouble to take your girlfriend to the hospital? You are a piece of sh!t.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: yllus
I'd post something about waiting until she loses conciousness and then having your way with her, but that might be deemed offensive by some of you.

Instead, I recommend a shotgun blast to her head to put her out of her misery.

If you really want to be offensive, you'd say something like: "If she's with you she's already braindead, so what's the worry?"

or "If she's the one with the concussion, why are you the one with the braindamage?"

or "When you get to the hospital, make sure to have them check your rotten noggin out first."

HyTekJosh

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2001
i take it you would post here asking what to do / who to call if your house was burning down too?

tard.

slick230

Banned
Jan 31, 2003
Can't wait for the post saying "OMG!!! My GF is dead! Any ideas on how to get rid of the body???"
rolleye.gif

Redviffer

Oct 30, 2002
This wouldn't have anything to do with that "My gf's got a hole in her head" post would it?