My Friends Brother Is Missing

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
Originally posted by: slayer202
Originally posted by: Carbo
Give me Brock's damn number and I'll call him. This thread is like a nosebleed that won't stop.

i think the police station's phone number was listed somewhere. i'm sure you can call them and find out

(540) 658-4400. Ask about the status of Robert Campbell.

Then ask them the status of Peter Gozina.

Then ask them where Jimmy Hoffa is.

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Jhill
Originally posted by: Carbo
Give me Brock's damn number and I'll call him. This thread is like a nosebleed that won't stop.

i think the police station's phone number was listed somewhere. i'm sure you can call them and find out

(540) 658-4400. Ask about the status of Robert Campbell.

Then ask them the status of Peter Gozina.

Then ask them where Jimmy Hoffa is.

You wanted to call and find out. I gave you their phone number and his name.

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
:cookie:

Lord, some of you are impatient. I can't update what I don't know myself.

I'm not 'Syringering' the thread, I will update it when I find out what happened. I've left a message for Brock to call me back, but I'm not going to push the issue.

it's been a day, do you know this "Brock"

A whole day? Really? :roll:

He's in Virginia with his entire family right now. As I said, I've left a message, but I'm not going to annoy him with phone calls. I know his brother is okay, so the details can wait.
But the :camera:'s cannot.

If you can use 'Syringering" as an adverb correctly, you know the unwritten rule re: :camera:'s mmmmmmyes?:D:light:

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
and I got a mod warning for suggesting to ban the OP...

w-h-a-t h-a-p-p-e-n-e-d

You said "mod" in a post. That's a call out. You'll be banned for that.

Or at least I was the last time I said something similar. But given that this is AT, rules don't apply the same to identical situations. They throw darts. :Q

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
subscribed, and will check weekly like that other thread about "the rock returning to wwf"

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
if someone was giving away a free month of rapidshare account on this thread, we'd get an update. :)

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: m0mentary
you guys have no patience...

We live in a society where we stand in front of the microwave and say "Come on, already!!!"

Then again, it has now been two full days and I think it would be OK for OP to make a second call and say something like:

"I made a post on one of the most active tech message boards in the world in an effort to help find your brother. I received many, many good wishes and promises to pray for your brother's safe return. I am sure that if anyone on the website had seen your brother, they would have acted swiftly and publicly to help return your brother to your family. I know it is probably still a difficult time for you and your family, but I feel like I owe all those people a little explanation of what happened with your brother. Is there any information you could give me to pass along?"

MotionMan

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: OdiN

w-h-a-t h-a-p-p-e-n-e-d

Or at least I was the last time I said something similar. But given that this is AT, rules don't apply the same to identical situations. They throw darts. :Q
Oh no! Now you just said "mod".

OdiN

Banned
Mar 1, 2000
Originally posted by: her209

w-h-a-t h-a-p-p-e-n-e-d

FUCK!

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: her209

w-h-a-t h-a-p-p-e-n-e-d

FUCK!

It's not like he said Beetle Juice x3. ;)

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: MotionMan

We live in a society where we stand in front of the microwave and say "Come on, already!!!"

Then again, it has now been two full days and I think it would be OK for OP to make a second call and say something like:

"I made a post on one of the most active tech message boards in the world in an effort to help find your brother. I received many, many good wishes and promises to pray for your brother's safe return. I am sure that if anyone on the website had seen your brother, they would have acted swiftly and publicly to help return your brother to your family. I know it is probably still a difficult time for you and your family, but I feel like I owe all those people a little explanation of what happened with your brother. Is there any information you could give me to pass along?"

MotionMan
He might not get a pleasant response as to their personal situation (possibly embarrassing one at that) being put on a large public forum with real names and locations.

While that is not my viewpoint. it's not hard to see someone reactive this way.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: dakels
Originally posted by: MotionMan

MotionMan
He might not get a pleasant response as to their personal situation (possibly embarrassing one at that) being put on a large public forum with real names and locations.

While that is not my viewpoint. it's not hard to see someone reactive this way.

Feh. That all goes out the window when your loved one is missing.

They should be appreciative - other than through the regular news outlets, where else could you get so many eyes on your story?

MotionMan