My Friends Brother Is Missing

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: slayer202
wtf happened. if the guy went on a drinking binge or something, I vote for banning the OP

Why? For trying to enlist ATOT to help him find a missing person? No need to be a butt here.

Glad he's been found. Please let us know if it was a kidnapping or something.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
wtf happened. if the guy went on a drinking binge or something, I vote for banning the OP

wtf? why?

anyhoo, great news. :thumbsup:

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006

Is syringing a stickied thread bannable?

OP: Glad it worked out and we are all curious as to what happened, so when you get a chance, an update would be appreciated.

MotionMan

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Originally posted by: zinfamous

wtf? why?

ok calm down lol, I was half joking. I just hope that the OP didn't prematurely call a grown man missing if he wasn't. Need more info though

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: zinfamous

wtf? why?

ok calm down lol, I was half joking. I just hope that the OP didn't prematurely call a grown man missing if he wasn't. Need more info though

He was missing for 5 days, and had a missing persons report filed. I didn't call him anything. I was simply relaying information for a friend to create a better chance that his brother would be found.

I'll provide full details as soon as I get them.

Jhill

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001

Like you have never went on a sudden 5 day drinking binge. :roll:

dakels

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Not to make any speculations: I once hired a replacement for this guy in a director position. History of being very responsible with a director job he was in for at least 3-4 years with no incident, wife and 2 kids. All of a sudden he goes missing for 10 days. Missing persons report filed, etc.

He shows up home 10 days later after a coke, drinking, and gambling binge in vegas.

Odd but these things happen, often (from what I am told) why police are usually skeptical of adult guys who are reported as missing.

Either way, I hope the guy the OP is talking about straightens out the events of what happened in the last 5 days, be it his fault or not. Someone MIA for 5 days is usually traumatic for a lot of people no matter who is to blame.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Originally posted by: SacrosanctFiend
UPDATE: Hey guys. I've been working really hard all day, so I haven't had time to come on here and post. I don't know the full extent of the situation as of now, but Brock called me and let me know that they found Rusty in North Carolina last night. I don't know why he was there or the circumstances, but he's in good condition. Once I get done here at work I'm going to call Brock and try to find out some more details on the situation.

Thank you for everything you guys have done. It always makes me smile to see a group of strangers pull together to help out. :)

Yay !!!! :)

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
It's good that they found him. Now that everyone in the thread is relieved, they're probably curious as to what really happened.

Any details?

SacrosanctFiend

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
It's good that they found him. Now that everyone in the thread is relieved, they're probably curious as to what really happened.

Any details?

I will provide full details as soon as I know them myself. I'm a third party to all of this.

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001

Any details?

I will provide full details as soon as I know them myself. I'm a third party to all of this.

Hey, don't sweat it.

I, too, am glad to hear he was found safe regardless of the details.

skulkingghost

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2006

Any details?

Glad to hear he's ok!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006

(deleted the mod quote)

As if a Marine would EVAR go on a drinking binge...:roll:

Don't know what happened, nor why the guy disappeared...glad he turned up ok...(long drunken weekend in a whore house? :D
(now THAT I'd believe about a Marine...)

With the number of Marine bases in North Carolina, I wonder if he just decided to go visit someone he knew...either before he shipped to Iraq, or maybe after he came back...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
UPDATE: Hey guys. I've been working really hard all day, so I haven't had time to come on here and post. I don't know the full extent of the situation as of now, but Brock called me and let me know that they found Rusty in North Carolina last night. I don't know why he was there or the circumstances, but he's in good condition. Once I get done here at work I'm going to call Brock and try to find out some more details on the situation.

Thank you for everything you guys have done. It always makes me smile to see a group of strangers pull together to help out. :)

Let's put a sticky on this and hope the ATOT effect helps. Also, very important that everyone respect privacy and DO NOT post any personal information like
address or phone number of the missing. Use only the contacts already given.

AnandTech Senior Moderator
compuwiz1
I'm glad he's been found, but I'm afraid that now it's open season for him and you. :eek:
Let's hope there was a GOOD REASON that doesn't involve strippers, an ex, a stripper's ex,.... what am I leaving out here ???:shocked: :laugh: :cool:

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
At least he's ok, I'm just wondering about the motel with the door being open, and his clothes still hanging on the rack. I'm wondering what happened...

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: ranmaniac
At least he's ok, I'm just wondering about the motel with the door being open, and his clothes still hanging on the rack. I'm wondering what happened...
If it doesn't start out with "Where am I again?", I'm not listening.