My friend died last night

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Canai

Diamond Member
Oct 4, 2006
Originally posted by: theprodigalrebel
Damn, that sucks. :(

Why didn't one of the two other guys drive? Was your friend the 'less intoxicated' of the three?

I have no idea. But based on how long we were all at that party, I'd think they were all equally incapable of driving. My roomie informed me that I was found curled up in a ball on the bathroom floor with my pants down this morning.

Oct 4, 2004
Damn. Stay strong, dude. Remember what everyone in this thread has said: don't let yourself feel any guilt for this. We are all adults and aware of the risks our actions have. It was not your responsibility.

rose.gif

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
My condolences. Don't blame yourself, though. He didn't have to go to the party and you didn't make him drive. Just like everyone else said. . . . .

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Sorry to hear that. Just do your best to not blame yourself, is all I can say.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Like everyone says, don't blame yourself.

If you hadn't invited him to the party he would still be alive?

Try "If he hadn't gotten drunk and made the stupid decision to drive he'd still be alive."

It wasn't your decision that killed him. It was his. And it's DAMN fortunate he didn't take anyone with him.

dawnbug

Golden Member
Oct 29, 2002
I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Even though you invited him to the party, it's really really not your fault. Like some other posters said, he knew that he could've stayed over at your place. You weren't responsible for him getting into his car and driving away-- that was his choice. An unfortunate one, though. :(

rose.gif

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
well enough people have stressed to you that it was his choice to do what he did so you really shouldn't harbor guilt for that.

sorry to hear about the loss of your friend OP.
rose.gif