My dog passed away today...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

RaiderJ

Diamond Member
Apr 29, 2001
I'm sure you gave the dog a happy life, take solace in that. Putting a dog down is about the hardest thing you can do.

applesseed

Mar 27, 2002
Sorry to hear about Pongo. 14 years is indeed a long life.
rose.gif

My dog went to a better place 2 years ago - she was also 14 years old. I know how you feel. I cried all night that day, weeks, months, even now getting the goosebumps.

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
i'm gonna go pet my pussy and give a her big hug even tho she hates it :(

As hard as I tried, I couldn't hold it back, so I just cried. I just stood there in the corner, looked away, and cried. I cried not only because this was it, but because I wished I had spent more time with him.

People take things for granted, one of the biggest being life. Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.

:( :(

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I'm sorry for your los man, I crunge at the thought of my 13 y/o dog dying :(

watek

Apr 21, 2004
dammitt!!! Im going through the same thing with my dog...had it since 91 or 92. I dont wanna let it go!!! taaaahhhhhh

Bullhonkie

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2001
I'm sorry for your loss. Sounds like he led a long and happy life. He left the world in the presence of those who loved him dearly. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

Got me a bit teary-eyed also. Especially since our dog is old (going on 15 this year) and has had more and more trouble jumping in recent years. His time will come soon too and when it happens, I know I'll be devastated. :(

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
Sorry to hear man...losing a dog is really tough. I had a dog growing up as a kid/teen and I dident know how much he meant to me till he was gone. His name was Fiega and he was a king size german sheppard. He lived up to 6 years and died from some intestinnal problem where one of the intestines got twisted or something. I wasnt even there when he died as he was with my parents that weekend, but I remember them coming home and breaking the bad news to me...I cried and felt shi*ty for a few weeks...the house just wasnt the same.

Can't wait till I'm done school, then I'm gonna get another dog...and call this one Vader, or maybe Peon :)

imported_Phil

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2001
Sorry to hear that - my family's labrador was put down in the same way a few years ago - I remember crying that day too.

Chin up- think of puppies :beer:

Tbirdkid

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2002
yea, feelin for ya. I always believed in kissin the dog and kickin the old lady.. but then again... im just screwed up like that.

now that im done laughin... sorry. i dont know what im gonna do when i lose my dog. and my wife? she is gonna be really tore up since this is her first real pet ever. they are so close... i cant seperate them when i come home. my dog sleeps next to her in the bed when im not there, they share dinner (wife gives her food from her plate) they go on walks together all the time... etc. Its not gonna be good.

virtuamike

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2000
My sincere condolences. I lost my cat to cancer earlier this year, can understand your pain. Think of the happy times, makes it easier.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
rose.gif
for Pongo.

Also a reason I have kept from getting my own dog. Too sad.

<-- decides to go visit his old dog at mom's later today..

CtK

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
i feel ya
had to put my dog to sleep a couple of years ago

R.I.P. Pongo & my dog Teddy :(

Blieb

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2000
Powerful stuff Mrvile. :(
rose.gif

I still have a picture of Stash with a whisker taped to the back by my bed. It's been there since he passed around 91.

"All Dogs Go To Heaven"

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Lost my first dog 5 years ago when she was 14. I was damn close to her and cried like a baby when she died (I didn't even cry when my grandma died...how fvcked up is that? :()