my dog died...she was strangled to death

erikiksaz

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 1999
My mom and I came home, and after a couple minutes of settling in she goes to feed the dogs. She comes back in the house with that very unique tone of voice, the one that usually means something's wrong, really really wrong. Anyways, she says that something hit our dog and it's on the fence.

I bolted outside and saw that she had jumped up against the gate (like she normally does to bark at passer-bys) but this time her collar caught on one of the decorations on the fence and she was suspended by several inches. The collar was very twisted, so she put up a fight.

I'm just thinking that this is one of the most unfortunate ways for my poor doggie to die. I've had her since I was 12, and i'm 20 now, so she's been with our family for a very long time and we all dearly loved her.

I'm posting this up just to remind you guys to make sure that your beloved pets won't die in this terrible fashion.

:(

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Dude - I'm sorry for your loss. I had a nieghbor's dog do the same thing, hard thing to see :(

ironcrotch

Diamond Member
May 11, 2004
Same thing happened to my friends chihuahua, it jumped over a half door and hung itself trying to get out. :(

I'm sorry for your loss :(

suse920

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: ironcrotch
Same thing happened to my friends chihuahua, it jumped over a half door and hung itself trying to get out. :(

:( i have a chihuahua

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
sorry man. i hate all these "my dog died" threads...they put me in tears pretty much everytime. it breaks my heart to think about how scared the dog must have been in its last few moments and i just lose it after that.

edit: let me clarify that i am really sorry about your situation and im glad you shared it so we can share the grief. :(

intogamer

Lifer
Dec 5, 2004
rose.gif
RIP

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Man, I'm sorry for you, that's a pretty bad way to go.

But at least she's in a better place now.

rose.gif

RIP

Sketcher

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2001
Originally posted by: suse920
Originally posted by: ironcrotch

:( i have a chihuahua
I have a half door :(

[EDIT] Sorry for your loss. Mine almost died last week. While at the in-laws, mine chased a squirrel into an tiered egress window; rope taught held the dog an inch off the ground. Collar was loose and she was able to breathe until she was found.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000
When my moms yorky was like 2 lbs he tried to get under the fence and got caught around his neck. I saw him screaming for his life and was able to get him through the fence. It was pretty scary :(