My dad bought a new PC and it was setup by the seller. His phone pictures sync with the PC, how does this work?

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Just in case this ever stops working and I need to help him troubleshoot it, I need to know how it actually works. So basically he has what looks like windows 10, it might be 11. He was telling me that any time he takes a picture with his phone it ends up on his PC. This is great and all as it will save him from doing it manually, but I'm just wondering if anyone is familiar with how this would work? I assume he has some kind of app on his phone that pushes the pictures to the PC somehow. Might also be something custom so I might have to poke around further but just curious if this is some kind of standard feature in Windows and/or iphone or something.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Google Drive is another possibility. I think you have to configure it to allow access to Google Photos storage.

OneDrive is installed by default on recent-ish Samsung phones, which would be the easier route on a modern MS OS.

iPhone - iCloud for Windows can be set up to grab iCloud photos.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Hmmm might be icloud, I think that's the name of the folder the pictures are in and he has an iphone. I will check further next time I go. I just want to get a basic idea since I'm bound to have to troubleshoot it at some point if it stops working or if he gets a new phone.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Phone Link App ?

Oops, seems it's for Android only.

==

OK. MS does release Phone Link for iOS, but with less features.

==

Get AnyDesk, it works on PC and Android, both platforms allow running as client and server, probably also works on iOS. So you can remote into your dad's devices when necessary. No account requred.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My dad, or rest of my family for that matter barely know what android is so don't have to worry about that. Whatever system is in place seems to work so I won't touch it.