My coworker is driving up the wall

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I've posted about this guy here a few times.

The annoying coworker:
About 60, white jewish male. Short, bald, glasses, stocky, has all these fresh skin blemishes because he picks at them (and I've seen him put the scab in his mouth before, I sh!t you not.) He has a 17 year old daughter who is in eleventh grade and she just had a baby a month ago. She left the house after she had the baby to move in with the boyfriend. It turns out the boyfriend isn't even the real father, and the boyfriend and his parents are welcoming this bastard child and it's mother. Last week, the guy breaks up with this girl and moves back in with father (annoying coworker.) And for the past 4 months, you can imagine the constant complaining and bickering about his life we have to hear.

Here are the things he does that piss me the f*ck off:
1. He f*cked with the thermostat early in the morning before anyone got here and tried to make it warmer for him. He's always complaining that it's too cold. He ended up breaking the thermostat and we all acknowledged it.

2.He habitually complains, gossips, easedrops, snoops around your cubicle.

3.He comes over to your cubicle and tells you the latest thing he read on the news, and 99% of the time, it's something he's complaining about.

4.We hear about his damn daughter every frickin day.

5.He gossips like no other. Today, when everyone left, he comes over to me and tells me he clocked another employee's time today and he begins to complain that she and everyone else i this company is lazy and works short hours. (This guy is 60 and he's a staff accountant I. He almost didnt even get the job because he doesnt even have a degree in accounting.)

6.He picks everything up in my cubicle from my cell phone, to my lunch, to my folders.

7.He snoops around asking what Im doing, what this is, whats that for.

8.He comes in my cubicle and stands in front of my fan cooling himself down.

9.He wanders around the office. It seems he's leaving his cubicle every 5 minutes to walk around. (I dont care much about this as long as he doesnt bother me.)

10.All day long, if he's not bothering you, you can hear him cursing and yelling at his computer or to himself.

The list goes on.

Now can you see why Im sooooo f*cking pissed!!!

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I am sandwhiched between two raging bible thumpers and I will trade you anyday :)

Ausm

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Ausm
I am sandwhiched between two raging bible thumpers and I will trade you anyday :)

Ausm

Can you ask them to ask god to send a little help my way :p

Oh, and I'd trade you anyday!!!!

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
do what i do when some moron comes into my cube and starts f*cking with my stuff. I point blank tell them to get out, if they want to fondle something go to the bathroom.

it hasnt happend yet but if any co-worker comes into my cube and stands infront of my fan cooling themselves, they would get a nice verbal assault for being stupid and invading my space.

Just tell him the next time he comes in to gossip or to complain that you are busy and are really not at all interested in hearing his bitches. lay down the law man, grow a spine.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Citrix
do what i do when some moron comes into my cube and starts f*cking with my stuff. I point blank tell them to get out, if they want to fondle something go to the bathroom.

it hasnt happend yet but if any co-worker comes into my cube and stands infront of my fan cooling themselves, they would get a nice verbal assault for being stupid and invading my space.

Just tell him the next time he comes in to gossip or to complain that you are busy and are really not at all interested in hearing his bitches. lay down the law man, grow a spine.

I know. Im 23, I've never worked in a professional environment like this. So this situation is new to me and I really don't know how to tell him off. I can't give him a piece of my mind like I would anywhere else because this is work.

I think I might say something next time to him like

"Hal, I really don't want to hear you're nagging, your complaining, and your gossiping, so could you do it somewhere else. You've been annoying me for a long time now, and I've tried ignoring you when you come in here and bother me, but you don't seem to get it. So could you please keep your opnions, your nagging, and your gossip to yourself?"

How's that. Actually, I like that alot. Now I have to memorize it.

acole1

Golden Member
Sep 28, 2005
Find him some work to do! Tell him to go audit something.

It seems like the older the people are in the office, the more they like to just wander around without aimlessly and burn time. We have a guy kind of like that here where I work, and it can get a bit frustrating.

If you are rude to him he might stop. You are probably the least rude person to him, so he takes advantage of it, and since there is no one else to bug, he comes around your place.... just an idea.

Jun 4, 2005
Sounds like he belongs on ATOT.

Originally posted by: SilverThief
set a claymore right outside your cubicle.
problem solved.

I don't think a sword will scare him away.

Kidding, I know which claymore you're talking about. =) :laugh:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
Originally posted by: Citrix

I know. Im 23, I've never worked in a professional environment like this. So this situation is new to me and I really don't know how to tell him off. I can't give him a piece of my mind like I would anywhere else because this is work.

I think I might say something next time to him like

"Hal, I really don't want to hear you're nagging, your complaining, and your gossiping, so could you do it somewhere else. You've been annoying me for a long time now, and I've tried ignoring you when you come in here and bother me, but you don't seem to get it. So could you please keep your opnions, your nagging, and your gossip to yourself?"

How's that. Actually, I like that alot. Now I have to memorize it.

too long and too wishy washy. just be direct, but not rude. when he starts up with his bitching just say. "Look Hal, i dont want to hear your belly aching, i have work to do so if you will excuse me".

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Go purchase a Nazi uniform. The next time he pisses you off and you want him to go away, just start putting it on. Start with a nazi helmet with the swastika mark and see if that doesn't get him to go away. Put on the uniform if it doesn't. Start muttering at him in German if he still won't leave. For the piece de resistance, hand him a copy of Mein Kampf.

When he's gone, get rid of the evidence!!! He'll think you're a Nazi and never want to speak to you again. Problem solved

compnovice

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2005

The annoying coworker:
About 60, white jewish male. Short, bald, glasses, stocky, has all these fresh skin blemishes because he picks at them (and I've seen him put the scab in his mouth before, I sh!t you not.) He has a 17 year old daughter who is in eleventh grade and she just had a baby a month ago. She left the house after she had the baby to move in with the boyfriend. It turns out the boyfriend isn't even the real father, and the boyfriend and his parents are welcoming this bastard child and it's mother. Last week, the guy breaks up with this girl and moves back in with father (annoying coworker.) And for the past 4 months, you can imagine the constant complaining and bickering about his life we have to hear.

wtf... are they brother and sister :confused:

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Originally posted by: compnovice

The annoying coworker:

wtf... are they brother and sister :confused:
:D

Blazin Trav

Banned
Dec 14, 2004
Hire a big black man to cover the entrance to your cubicle. Ignore him. Play music loudly.

Pull a prank on him.

Or just grow a pair and go to the gym after work every night to burn off steam.

Jun 19, 2004
Dude, be smooth about this. You seem like a bright cat. Just tell him that "You'll have to excuse me, I've got a career to focus on. I don't want to end up in a dead end job, resenting my life and complaining about my kids dumbass mistakes for the rest of my life.....so if you'll excuse me, I'll be needing all of my cubicle space and privacy in order to accomplish this goal. Please close the door on the way out (throw the door bit in just to confuse his ass)."

Problem solved, in a nice, but firm manner.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
no need for a big soliloquy. just calmly say "Hal, i dont care. im here to work, then go home. leave me alone." then ignore him.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Say "Hal, I am really busy right now............. [louder voice]please stop axing me about the butt sexor.......... I don't do that stuff[/louder voice] ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman

Jun 19, 2004
Originally posted by: shimsham
no need for a big soliloquy. just calmly say "Hal, i dont care. im here to work, then go home. leave me alone." then ignore him.

Ummmm...mind your own bees wax. A soliloquy is EXACTLY whats in order here. For the abuse he's endured thusfar he should, at a minimum, get to creatively tell the guy off.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
Originally posted by: Eeezee
All of these suggestions pale in comparison to the nazi uniform

Yeah but you can't get fired for the other suggestions........ also the nazi uni will get you a beat down.

Cheers,
Aquaman

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
introduce him to ATOT...he will leave you alone...well at least until he gets banned....