My cat is almost stalking a friend...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
maybe he likes her smell:p could be something as silly as that. i don't give much credence to pet judgement of people, remember hitler had and loved dogs.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Originally posted by: cherrytwist
We have three cats. One is "mine", the other is my wife's and the third one is pretty much his own cat.

Mind you, we didn't choose them, THEY CHOSE US. It's just the way they operate.

yep, their selection process also often seems to defy all logic

Often the most cat hating person is somehow chosen and the furballs make them like them with their feline powers. They are diabolical little creatures.

I've had the same thing happen to me when vising friends. One couple I knew had this beautiful grey/black longhair who they warned us about not liking anyone at all (scratching biting, hissing, etc..). I had sat down for about two minutes before she jumped up into my lap, curled up, and started happily purring away.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: meltdown75
dude, even your pets have YAGTs... or should I say YACTs :p

actually, i have mostly female friends.. This is not one of those "girls," a friend I assure you. Like my birthday gathering - 22 people and only 4 guys, 2 of them gay.

Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
maybe he likes her smell:p could be something as silly as that. i don't give much credence to pet judgement of people, remember hitler had and loved dogs.

Yeah, maybe it's just because she's small and not threatening looking. or maybe it's because she never gave him attention before. My dad LOVES the little critter but the cat runs away whenever my dad visits, and attacks him at times. He follows my mom around though, and my mom is actually afraid of cats (but not dogs, she's odd). He attacks my female roommate, probably because she's home all the time (like me).

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
animals can tell things about people that sometimes we cant. its weird but i know what you are observing. my dog likes certain people and doesnt like others. the people he likes are usually more calm and mature, while the people he doesnt like are loud and obnoxious. its common sense but its strange to see a dog distinguish between different people so well.

You know what's really strange is this woman at work just got a dog she rescued from the local animal shelter...well, the dog always growls at me for some reason. She says it does that to all men but usually animals love me...I don't get it. Does this dog know that I secretly want to bang his owner or something?

heathertre

Jan 29, 2007
Haha...HomeBrewerDude's Killer Kitty just loves my fiance'. My fiance' HATES cats but Missy just starves for his attention whenever we are visiting. Cats are so funny.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Why do cats go to the one person in the room who doesn't like cats?

When a cat enters a room full of people who are staring at him, he becomes very uncomfortable. Then he notices that one person is totally ignoring him - the person who dislikes cats for whatever reason. The cat goes to that person to seek a safe haven from those who are fawning over him or intimidating him.

http://www.sniksnak.com/cathealth/whydo.html