My brain is mush, any games to sharpen it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

NickelPlate

Nov 9, 2006
There was a game WAY back called M.U.L.E that was a really cool economics simulator. I remember it being lots of fun for four players.

It was around this colony world set up with a Rock/paper/scissors economy. You had to compete with your friends to have the best score. But you also had to balance the economy. If you hoarded to much, the economy would fail and the colony would die out.

I think there is an online version that you can still play today.

Oh boy now you're showing your age there buddy ;). But I remember it too. It was a classic from the 8 bit era.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
try lumosity.com - they have tons of games to sharpen and train your brain. My wife has used it for the past 6 months as part of her cognitive therapy.

coworkers have used it to keep the brain active.

thespyder

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2006
Oh boy now you're showing your age there buddy ;). But I remember it too. It was a classic from the 8 bit era.

LOL. Yeah. Bit of an old codger here. I admit. But it was a fun game. And we didn't even know we were learning economics while we played.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
SCII - starts off easy and can get ridiculously hard in terms of multiplayer battles. To me going against AI can only become difficult to a certain extent; going against other players always offers surprises.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
It's called Exercise. It's really hard and annoying at first, but you get to like it after a while if you stick at it.

Seriously, go outside and move around. 'Brain training' games don't really work, the only thing that has consistently been shown to improve cognitive function is exercise.