MX1000--- Quick Questions

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Well, I got my MX1000 a couple of days ago, and I have some questions about the mouse concerning recharging. First of all, is it okay to recharge it even when it is not close to empty? Also, am I supposed to charge it with the mouse on or off? When I try to charge it when it is off, a red led light comes up and then it starts charging :confused: Last question, is it okay to just leave it on the docking station overnight or is it not a good idea to leave it charging for so long? Thanks in advance, hope I get my questions answered.
 

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
12,632
0
0
My biggest problem is forgetting to put on the dock to charge it. I do all the things you ask about except I leave mine on while charging, so if its bad...Uh Oh for me.
 

HDTVMan

Banned
Apr 28, 2005
1,534
0
0
I was always under the impression you leave it off until it gets low then put it on the charger overnight. Newer rechargables arent supposed to have memory but my digital camera batteries seemed to die off much faster when I docked it all the time.
 

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Originally posted by: HDTVMan
I was always under the impression you leave it off until it gets low then put it on the charger overnight. Newer rechargables arent supposed to have memory but my digital camera batteries seemed to die off much faster when I docked it all the time.

So what you are saying is that I should recharge it when the battery is low and recharge it while it is off?
 

nealh

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 1999
7,078
1
0
I hear conflicting info on Lithium batteries...some say does not matter..others say Lithium should not be discharged to near empty

Not sure what is correct..I recharge when the it loses 1 bar...simply so I do not forget
 

Unkno

Golden Member
Jun 16, 2005
1,659
0
0
i think it's best to charge the mouse while it's off and to charge it when it's low on battery.
 

pulsedrive

Senior member
Apr 19, 2005
688
0
0
I personally wait until it has been down on one bar of battery for a little while before I throw it on the dock over night (turned off) and then it is good for another week or so. I just don't want to chance it and have it gain a memory, because it is a pain.
 

nealh

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 1999
7,078
1
0
hmm..I have had mine for 3mo..never turn it off to charge...wait till drops down one bar and charge...

winder if I will see a shorter battery life??
 

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Well, I guess no one has a definitive answer for the questions. I think I will charge is when it has one light left and charge it while it is off just like Unkno said. Thanks all for the input.
 

enwar3

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
1,086
0
0
for lithium ion batteries its healthier (helps it last longer) to continuously recharge it. however, you do want to run a full recharge (use the entire battery then rechare it) once every so often (per couple weeks or month).
 

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
9,100
13
81
I don't have an MX1000, but I've read Logitech's documentation, and I've seen it stated quite a few times that the mouse is supposed to be turned on while it is docked.

As for charging... I don't recall it saying which method is better. I'd probably wait until it gets low to charge it.
 

Nubus

Junior Member
Aug 28, 2005
11
0
0
Well I had mine since the first day it came out. There is no problem charging on or off and if its Full or not. It still produced the 3 months without recharging for me.

I've been gaming alot lately with it (like meaning 4 hrs a day) and it only shortten it by half a month. Works great for me! =D
 

Nubus

Junior Member
Aug 28, 2005
11
0
0
For me.. I would say It doesn't matter, because the instant you stick it into the charger the Laser turns off and goes into charging mode.
 

glorygunk

Senior member
Aug 22, 2004
805
1
0
I've had the MX1000 for many months now. I charge it generally when it hits red. I've been able to get a full day of use even when it's on red...but I tend to forget to put it on the charger.

No, I never turn off the mouse (unless there is some sort of reception problem). I still get several weeks per charge...not sure if it is less or more *shrug
 

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Originally posted by: glorygunk
I've had the MX1000 for many months now. I charge it generally when it hits red. I've been able to get a full day of use even when it's on red...but I tend to forget to put it on the charger.

No, I never turn off the mouse (unless there is some sort of reception problem). I still get several weeks per charge...not sure if it is less or more *shrug

You mean you NEVER turn off your mouse, even when you are asleep? You know it uses battery when it is on right? You can actually see light (laser) from the bottom.
 

Thoreau

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2003
1,441
0
71
You've gotta be the only person I know of that can actually see the laser from this mouse. I've had mine since the day it came out and never has it been switched to off. When the mouse is inactive, it goes into its own sleep mode and any power drain during that time is minimal at most. I also charge it only when it has one bar, or has gone red on me and have never had any issues. Usually get about 2-3 weeks on a charge out of it, and that's with playing a ton of WoW and BF2.
 

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Originally posted by: Thoreau
You've gotta be the only person I know of that can actually see the laser from this mouse. I've had mine since the day it came out and never has it been switched to off. When the mouse is inactive, it goes into its own sleep mode and any power drain during that time is minimal at most. I also charge it only when it has one bar, or has gone red on me and have never had any issues. Usually get about 2-3 weeks on a charge out of it, and that's with playing a ton of WoW and BF2.

If you tilt it at the right angle, you can see it. When it is in use, it is bright, but when it goes to sleep mode, the light gets smaller, but is still there, which means it's using some power. And I guess no one still knows if charging with the mouse on or off makes a difference...
 

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
9,100
13
81
Originally posted by: yosuke188
Originally posted by: Thoreau
You've gotta be the only person I know of that can actually see the laser from this mouse. I've had mine since the day it came out and never has it been switched to off. When the mouse is inactive, it goes into its own sleep mode and any power drain during that time is minimal at most. I also charge it only when it has one bar, or has gone red on me and have never had any issues. Usually get about 2-3 weeks on a charge out of it, and that's with playing a ton of WoW and BF2.

If you tilt it at the right angle, you can see it. When it is in use, it is bright, but when it goes to sleep mode, the light gets smaller, but is still there, which means it's using some power. And I guess no one still knows if charging with the mouse on or off makes a difference...

Ask on the Logitech support forums, if you want to know. :p All I know is that I've been told that "on" is the way to go.
 

yosuke188

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2005
2,726
2
0
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Ask on the Logitech support forums, if you want to know. :p All I know is that I've been told that "on" is the way to go.

I guess I could do that. By the way where did you hear that on is the way? Everyone, again thanks for the input, I really appreciate it.

Edit: Is it just me or is the logitec forum down (temporary?)
 

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
9,100
13
81
Originally posted by: yosuke188
By the way where did you hear that on is the way?

The Logitech support documents & forums. :p I was looking into problems with an MX700, and instead, stumbled upon facts about the MX1000. Repeatedly.

My connection is too saturated to do much of anything, or I'd check to see if I can get to the forums right now.
 

Nubus

Junior Member
Aug 28, 2005
11
0
0
speaking of the MX700... mines sitting there retired... and =/ used it so much.. that the left click paint is worn off.... too much shooting games for me. >.<! Yeah and the recharge connector is having a bad time trying to recharge...